cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin damaged my existing TalkTalk/ Openreach connection during prepull

gspannu
On our wavelength

Signed up to Virgin in November. New Installation.

Confirmed Installation date provided by Virgin: 09 Dec 2021
Virgin pre-pull/ installation team arrived on 06 Dec 2021.
Cleared an obstruction so that a cable could be laid, however the crew damaged my existing TalkTalk/ Openreach box outside the property.
Got message from Virgin same evening: New installation date provided: 27 Dec 2021 (instead of 09 Dec)
Pre-pull of cable still not completed.
4 appointments promised fro prepull, no one from Virgin turned up.

I have NO Broadband/ No telephone line since 06 Dec, because Virgin damaged my existing line.

Multiple calls, chat with Virgin - but no response from Virgin to fix the existing line.

Can anyone from Virgin help?
- Either get my new Virgin broadband installed
- Or repair damage to my existing broadband line.

Photos below… the state in which Virgin crew (construction guys responsible for clearing obstruction) left the site having damaged my existing Openreach box.

18-CBAE18-21-AC-47-D0-8-C7-D-E94-C64806516B50-AE277-32-AE-47-CC-8-C2-F-89-CC17-C0854427606-BC3-41-E0-402-E-9-B22-B8-A78-BDAF7489-D92-E498-48-C1-4500-B7-F5-7-F5638870-AA77-AC3331-C-4-D21-416-A-A129-26-F8408-EE45-EB50-AE277-32-AE-47-CC-8-C2-F-89-CC17-C08544

I have spoken to my existing Broadband provider and they have stated that if the damage has been done by Virgin, then I should complain to Virgin or complain to OFCOM.

‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ›››››››››
… an extremely disappointed Virgin customer
Update... no longer a Virgin customer.
59 REPLIES 59

gspannu
On our wavelength

@goslow wrote:

gspannu

I think you probably know that the "We'll get in touch in a few days' time to go through the next steps" bit in the letter is unlikely to ever happen.

If you can now go to CISAS, you can consider putting together a complaint about this disaster of a failed installation.

If I have understood all of the key points from the previous 5 pages, VM ...

• Tried to install your service
  • Failed to install your service
  • Destroyed and disabled your existing Openreach connection in the process
  • Left you with no broadband for about 6 weeks
  • Left you to have to deal with the repair of the broken Openreach connection
  • Took no additional measures to push through your new VM installation more quickly to get you back online

If that does not merit some form of meaningful compensation from VM for the hassle and inconvenience they have caused, then I don't know what would.

@goslow

You are spot on with the "sequence of events"

‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ›››››››››

gspannu
On our wavelength
@jem101

I agree. So many companies work on this 'inertia' concept... and senior personnel in business start to just rely on 'numbers'. They forget that there are people involved at every stage... and customers re not numbers.

I think a lot of businesses think they are 'too big' and forget that "Every business is vulnerable" and yers, they may not be vulnerable today... but time has the capacity to humble us all.
‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ›››››››››

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The whole of Virginmedia in one thread.

If anyone needs to know about the company they need to look no further.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

gspannu
On our wavelength

Read this forum post before you decide to join Virgin Media Broadband na understand the state of their customer services.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Virgin-damaged-my-existing-TalkTalk-Openr...

… and this is just one of the handful of posts about ‘POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE’

‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ›››››››››

Really enjoyed this thread – the witticisms by some of the respondents that is – not the terrible experience suffered by the opening poster. I also found the explanation of whose responsibility it was for the original damage informative.

It beggars belief that some of the VIPs here can’t in all honesty recommend joining Virgin Media. Regarding the Forum Team's input I think many would take Pauline_Z’s comment “ . . . from your perspective” as a slight to the opening poster. Gareth_L looks to have tried his best but was unable to get very far.

The opening poster deserves sizable monetary compensation. I hope he pursues this but it will take further effort. @gspannu please  keep us informed of progress/final outcome of your complaint as I'm sure many will be interested.

@TresFrustre wrote:

<snip>

The opening poster deserves sizable monetary compensation. I hope he pursues this but it will take further effort. @gspannu please  keep us informed of progress/final outcome of your complaint as I'm sure many will be interested.

Indeed, the whole topic reads like a description of a 'cabling-car-crash' and VM have simply run away from the scene, leaving gspannu to pick up the pieces.

It certainly would be interesting to learn on the forum if gspannu ever hears any more from VM about this.

@goslow wrote:

@TresFrustre wrote:

Snip,…

It certainly would be interesting to learn on the forum if gspannu ever hears any more from VM about this.

Oh can we have a sweepstake on this, and if so can i have, ‘VM will absolutely turn a blind eye and absolutely never, ever comment on this’, or deny there is an issue or is there is an issue then it’s nothing to do with us gov?

It really is just pathetic, my American colleagues and work mates would be saying, ‘now Is the time to lawyer up’

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Surely you are being uncharitable here jem101? The letter clearly states ...

"We'll get in touch in a few days' time to go through the next steps"

The whole topic sums up entirely what is wrong with the broken 'corporate culture' of UK plc. Customer services are now actually set up, and devoted, to processes which avoid serving the customer and defend the corporation (no matter how indefensible the corporate position is!). Their main aim is to obstruct and avoid any responsibility for their corporate failings. In this case, destroying the customer’s existing internet connection whilst failing to install a new one!

gspannu
On our wavelength

Thank you all for your comments…

I will keep the forum posted on “whatever happens next” from Virgin…

I have to say I never expected so many people to respond, so thank you all.

I am going to give Virgin a few more days to respond and then take it up with CISAS.

@Paulina_Z from Virgin: Not putting you on the spot here; but if you were serious about your comments (in the posts above); then I would be expecting some contact from Virgin. 

‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ›››››››››

Hello gspannu

Apologies from myself for how this has panned out

I can see you have since called and cancelled the account

I wish you all the best with your current provider 

Gareth_L