Menu
ekandak
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin connection

Hi, My street had virgin cables put in almost 2 years ago. I have a virgin connection point at the end of my drive and would like to sign up to a tv broadband package. I’ve now been trying for 6 months to get my house fully connected with very little success. You’re advisors have even sent me details of other supplier deals (talktalk and sky)!? I don’t understand why this is proving so difficult....

Please could somebody tell my why you’re actively turning away my business?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin connection

one possible reason if that area is having a high utilisation wouldn't be allowing any new customers.. or could be other issues such as the street hasn't been wired up to the main network (cost to high etc).. if you put in address as somebody else in the street does that work? (obviously don't complete the order if it does)

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi ekandak

I am sorry to hear we are unable currently to connect you.

I'd like to check into this for you to see why this is to give you more understanding on this, or there may be something we can look into that might enable you to be connected. It all depends on the reasons behind why they have said no for now.

I have sent a PM to you that you can find on the top right in the purple envelope if you still need help with this and if you can pop back to me on this that would be great.

Hope to speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI ekandak

Thanks for getting back to me via your PM 😄

I've checked and the property is saying to ask for a Spotter to come out.

I have filled in the request for this for you.

Your Reference Number is 1317047

The Spotters teams normally get this attended within 10 days maximum. The Spotters will attend the property to assess if it's possible to hook you up to or network.

If you have heard or seen nothing in the next 2 weeks please pop back on this thread and we can then at that point escalate this for you.

Kind regards.

Karen

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
ekandak
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No worries, don't forget to pop back if you don't hear anything.

Have a fab weekend 😄

Cheers

Karen

Forum Team

0 Kudos
ekandak
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

nobody has contacted me and 2 weeks have now passed. 

Could you follow up for me?

regards,

Erhan

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Erhan, 

I'm so sorry to hear that no one has been in touch. 

I have escalated this to the relevant team. As soon as I hear anything back, I will let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Erhan

Let me know if you've heard from the spotters regarding this and of not we can chase this again  when Kath is in later as she has the email chain.

Many thank s

Karen

Forum Team

0 Kudos
ekandak
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

I was contacted... they said I wasn’t connected and that it wasn’t economically viable to connect. I have to say that I find this extremely bizarre! Why invest in putting your cables into every pavement over a 5 mile radius and not connect the houses up? That to me seems like a poor business strategy which is definitely not economically viable... you’re not receiving any monetary return on the money you invested? I honestly can’t believe this is so difficult. I would appreciate it if you could pass my comments further up your business hierarchy as I’d like some understanding of this. The response given to me over the phone was very woolly, basically he didn’t know. I’d like to thank you Karen for everything you’ve done so far, just a shame the rest of the business isn’t so keen to gain ground over Sky.

Regards,

Erhan

0 Kudos