cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin connect app hub 3

Terricreask1
Tuning in

Connect app does not recognise my setting password,  I have already reset hub to factory settings and still does not recognise, I would be grateful for some help.

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi  @Terricreask1 

You need to use your account username and password

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-connect-app-sign-in 

As a Virgin Fibre customer, you'll be asked to sign in using your My Virgin Media account details.

• If you've forgotten your username, just go to 'Forgotten your username?' and follow the on-screen instructions. You'll need your account number and area reference number to hand.
  • To reset your password, go to 'Forgotten password?' and follow the on-screen instructions.

If you don't have a My Virgin Media account, you can register at virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia or follow the steps from the app login screen to create a My Virgin Media account.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi newapollo I have virgin media, I wanted virgin connect. The setting password is on the bottom of my hub 3 but if I scan or put it in the app manually it is not recognised, sorry I probably did not explain this very well

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI Terricreask1, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Just so we can be clear on what it is you're trying to do - can you confirm if you are trying to log in to the app itself or are you trying to add the equipment whilst you're logged in? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Ryan I wanted to connect the app to my hub 3 so that I could have control of the child safety features. When I go into the app it is asking me to get started by connecting the app to the hub but it seems there is something wrong with the setting password found on the bottom of the hub. I went through instructions of resetting and tried putting the setting password by scan and manually but it won't accept the setting password. Thank you so much for your response.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Terricreask1, 

Thank you for clarifying. 

Can you please try removing the app completely, reinstalling and then attempting the login again? 

It would also be worth testing the settings password by logging in to your Hub directly. Information on how to do this can be found here.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks 

Nat