cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin broadband - internal cable damaged / replacement

DrLaaLaa
Joining in

Evening

The cable running from my wall to my hub has become damaged and I've tried looking for replacement ordering through the site but no luck.

Just wondered how I go about ordering a replacement and if this is something that is sent out  quickish as  I'm one of the lucky NHS workers  working from home at the moment...

A standard 1m is fine currently it's 2m but 1m telally is enough 

Cheers

Lee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DerrickVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi

To have this cable.checked you will require an.engineer visit.to the property

Virgin do not send cable out in the post.

We also.don't.recommend buying cable online or in a store as this.could have a.bigger impact to your service

To arrange an.engineer visit please contact 150 from your virgin landline or 03454541111 from mobile and speak with.faults

Regards

Derrick

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

DerrickVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi

To have this cable.checked you will require an.engineer visit.to the property

We also.don't.recommend buying cable online or in a store as this.could have a.bigger impact to your service

To arrange an.engineer visit please contact 150 from your virgin landline or 03454541111 from mobile and speak with.faults

Regards

Derrick

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Thanks Derrick. The cable is irrepairable. Its basically snapped after becoming snagged which is why I asked about replacement  ordering  but no worries I'll give them a bell.  I just didn't fancy waiting 3 weeks for someone to come out and confirm it is indeed broke 

Any idea about estimated time  normally I'd look at an engineer being sent out? 

Cheers again

Lee

Hi derrick

Just to day. I've got an engineer coming tommorow. Thanks for the help and this can be topic can be closed chwers

Lwe

DerrickVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

The aim is normally 1-2 days however this will depend on your area and work loads in.that area 

@DerrickVMTech wrote:

They send self install cables every day in the post, along with a modem, as part of quick start kits.

I don't understand why a technician is required to unplug and plug a simple cable, seems a waste of resources when there are people being refused service for months for more difficult jobs, The cable being requested here is self-installed by customers all the time!

Hi asim18,

Although we understand we do send Quicks tart kits which do carry everything needed to get set up however any cable damage after the installation does need to be checked by a technician, 1 to make sure the cable is the issue and 2 to make sure any work is carried out correctly and not cusing any further issues such as SNR.

Regards

Paul.