cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin broadband installation

feeltherain
Joining in

Hi

I need some help and advice. I recently moved. It was on 14th August. I spoke with the Virgin Media team and they set installation date on 30 August. On the day two guys pulled the cable from the street to my driveway and said someone else will come to finish the work. No one came. Instead I get a message saying that they will need my and my neighbour permission to do some digging on the driveway and they moved installation to 9 September. Since then nothing happened. I contacted them several times. First time the guy said it shouldn't be like that, he can see they got all permissions that they need and work should be done and he's going to put me on some priority list, whatever it is. The other time I've been told they don't now what's going on, they can't help me and that I should contact Wayleave Team. I tried and problem still not resolved. It's so frustrating. It's almost two months now and I still don't have my broadband which I've been charged for last month btw. I don't understand why I should call everyone and try to resolve it when I have contract with Virgin and they should do it? Any ideas what to do now?

Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

The boards are awash with failed, delayed and delayed installs but the fact you are being charged takes it to another level.

There is no priority list.

Was there any activation of equipment at your property?  if you have no service whatsoever you should be entitled to compensation.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

flagged to VM for [hopefully] a quicker reply

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @feeltherain

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am really sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your services installed. 

I have taken a look over your account, the last update we have regarding this (from the 20th) is that we are still awaiting the wayleave from your neighbours.

The department will contact them again if we don't have any further updates.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Zak_M is that not all covered in the opening post 

you further do not comment on or offer help that the OP is being charged for a service that is not installed yet

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are they being charged a monthly bill and where is the compensation for no service?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Toney.

The OP shouldn't be being billed if the services is yet to be installed. 

I was confirming the information that I had read on the account, yes It is the same that had been covered originally. 

Thanks

Zak

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

thats tony @Zak_M 

i know the OP should not be being charged as i know you do but it is stated in the original post that he is

It's almost two months now and I still don't have my broadband which I've been charged for last month btw.

he has come here for help on a number of issues - maybe that is something you could address as well as the point the OP makes that all wayleaves are in place - it would seem the account does not reflect the true facts or the facts as the OP is told they are by telephone help

maybe the account details lie 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

feeltherain
Joining in

Hi guys,

There was no activation on my new address and that's why I wasn't charged this month. I was charged monthly fee on 16th August, two days after I moved and I think that's because they set up installation date for the 30 August. So basically service on my previous address was still active until that day and because we pay month in advance they charged me like any other month.

@Zak_M wrote:

I have taken a look over your account, the last update we have regarding this (from the 20th) is that we are still awaiting the wayleave from your neighbours.

So why I heard something else from customer service. I've been told you have all permissions you need. All means my and my neighbour. One neighbour. I know wayleave sent letters to all neighbours and they probably want to connect all properties. If that is true that still shouldn't mean I have to wait because they want to do everything at same time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you get refund / credit back.  And compensation!