cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Pre Install Nighmare!!! HELP!!

bennyoco
On our wavelength

So, where to begin...

It's been over a month and i still don't have my broadband installed. I have been on the phone every single day, and every time the person from virgin has told me the engineer is out today. On Monday one of the people at virgin told me that the engineer is at site currently and the work would be completed today... low and behold, no one came. fully expect my install date to be pushed back again. raised a complaint over a week ago, still had no one come back to me. Was told that the area manager would come back to me, no one came back. I have explained many times that I cant work, and am losing out on a lot of money due to having no internet. When i asked for a temporary solution they tried to charge me £35 a month, when i have seen that they have been letting people use them temporally for free. The excuse that there is currently no cable running past the property i dont belive this, as i can clearly see the cable poking out from the pavemenet of my neighbour, which is about 2 meters down my road. I had a survey engineer come out to see me a few weeks back who advised the install would not be an issue, will just need to be routed to my flat on the inside as opposed to the outside, which is not and issue, he assured me. He also explained to me the markings outside my build were to show the people doing the pre install where to go.
I am close to giving up, has anyone else had this problem before? i just dont know what to do....
17 REPLIES 17

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this....
The current VM installation process is badly managed when things arent straightforward. So dont bother chasing it. Let them play their games and let the installation play out. Do nothing. You pay nothing (£0) until a VM connection is installed and activated. And even from then (if it gets that far) you have 14 days in which to cancel - again with no costs. Or keep it if you like it in those 14 days

In the meantime, can you connect to OR,Sky, BT etc - or a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three and Smarty have a 30day 4G unlimited package for £20 (or less on a deal). If so, do it now and just let the VM install run its course. You will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational. When it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

FYI - Re. VM’s recent installation issues - see John’s excellent précis of the situation in message 18 here…

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Funny enough, its been over 5 weeks and i have now just been told that they need a wayleaver from the landlord.

I have spoken to the landord and they are fine with it. Was just wondering how long it will now take for this to go ahead....

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @bennyoco,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your instalment.

The landlord would need to fill out an online form to give written consent, our pre instalment team would normally send this off, has the landlord got this form?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

bennyoco
On our wavelength

Yes, landlord has signed and returned. still have heard nothing

I'm sorry to hear that @bennyoco, I can see that you have spoken to the team since you last posted and have been advised about the time that will now be taken to process the wayleave request.

Are you happy with what you have been advised?

Regards,

Steven_L

bennyoco
On our wavelength

I wouldn't say happy... but we are making progress...

I just wish that they didn't take almost 6 weeks to sent this agreement....

I feel like my install has been a lower priority because a bit of work is needed

bennyoco
On our wavelength

Just heard back from Wayleave time.

New installation date is 26/05/2022. with pre install work supposedly happening tomorrow...

Will keep you updated

Hopefully that goes ahead.  Just be aware that some new VM connections involve cable pulling have been delayed for months and months.  The reluctant record holder for a delayed install is currently at one year and seven days, and still not installed.

bennyoco
On our wavelength

wow, that's reassuring 🙂