cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media missed our street during their installation in Midway/Swadlincote!

boggybrush
Tuning in

Hi,

Virgin Media have recently installed their network on the housing estate where I live in Midway, Swadlincote. This installation is part of the trial in Swadlincote where Virgin are using Openreach's telegraph poles to ease installation (details here: https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-medias-expansion-trial-pave...)

I live in Copse Rise, Midway - post code DE11 7NG. According to the Virgin Media website I can't get services - if I check all surrounding and nearby streets they appear to be able to receive service now. I've noticed that the two telegraph poles in our street have not had additional hardware installed on them (like every other pole on the estate). Three houses on our street are able to receive Virgin Media - but they are connected to poles on neighbouring streets. As it happens, I know that the postcode of our street is an anomaly - all other post codes on our estate start DE11 0, ours is the only one starting DE11 7. So I'm wondering if this has somehow led to the two poles on our street being overlooked for the upgrade?

I've tried phoning your customer services number - but they weren't able to help. Your Twitter team directed me to this forum. I've also been in touch with your new build team - but they said it's not part of their scheme.

Is someone from Virgin Media able to investigate what's happened with a view to getting our street upgraded?

Thanks,

John

13 REPLIES 13

boggybrush
Tuning in

Hmmm..

No response from Virgin. That's not a good sign. Well, at least Full Fibre Ltd have been installing on the estate recently, so there's an alternative if Virgin Media don't want the business on our street,

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi boggybrush, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great to have you on board with us in the Community and even better that you are wanting Virgin Media services. 

Checking things this end using the postcode you've given me, I can see we are not currently on your street but am happy to find out if there are any current plans in the making for you. To do that I will need your full address. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi boggybrush, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have forwarded the address over to our lightning teams now to see if there are any plans. 

Once I get a reply from the team I will let you know, good or bad. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi boggybrush, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited for the lightning teams to come back to me on this one. 

They have advised: 'Looking at this it appears the build for this is still ongoing. The customers address is part of the opportunity, so this may be a few more weeks / months to wait.'

This is good news as means the teams will be able to offer services and you know that they haven't totally missed you out. It just may take a few more months. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I hope you're right, but I have my doubts - like I've posted in previous messages, all the telegraph poles in the surrounding streets have had the upgrade work done already - that work was finished weeks ago, and according to the Virgin Media checker, Virgin is already available in all those surrounding streets. I've not seen any Virgin Media engineers working on telegraph poles for a couple of months or more now.

Thanks for coming back to us @boggybrush and I hope that we can get you installed with our services very soon.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi,

So, I originally raised this in April, and was assured that my street was due to have Virgin Media installed, and hadn't been missed. It's now October, and it's still not available. Is there any further information about when our street is likely to be connected? I'm out of contract with Sky, and soon to be out of contract with my broadband provider and so I'll be looking at what options are available to me in a month or two.

Thanks,

John

Hello boggybrush,

Sorry nothing came of the promised expansion last April.

If I can take some details over a private message, I can then see where we stand.

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello boggybrush,

Thanks for the address.

I have asked question to our Network expansions team.

As soon  as I have any information, I will let you know.

My fingers are crossed here.

Gareth_L