cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media isn’t available at your new address (but it actually is)

alex202020
Tuning in

I'm moving home and want to keep my broadband service but get the message "It looks like Virgin Media isn’t available at your new address". However, the property looks to be supplied with VM cable already and the neighbouring properties in the street are showing on the database as connected and available.

I've tried with Live Chat 5 times now, but no luck making progress to get to the bottom of it, although one time they did acknowledge that broadband should in fact be available and they would pass it on to another team, but no reply.

I really want to sort this out as soon as possible but live chat really isn't working well so far.

46 REPLIES 46

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Let me look for you. Please PM me the full address of the new property and I will see what is available for you.

thank you for your post

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Thanks Jon, so it sounds like the area is oversubscribed but I am moving within the same postcode - do you think there is there a way to get the services moved if it’s just a couple of streets away?  If it needs an engineer visit how can I book one?

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread, but is there any chance you can do the same for me? The address I am moving to isn't showing as available, but the building the apartment is beneath and several others on the same street are confirmed as having fibre.

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Happy to take a look for you too.

Please private message me your full address including postcode. 

Thanks for your post on the VM community.

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi,

I am experiencing a similar issue where Virgin Media is available at my post code and on my street, but when I mentioned the name of my building was told not available and phone call abruptly ended. Would I be able to have my address looked into as Virgin is available on my street, have just been told not in my building for some reason and I'm not sure if this is accurate.

Thank you.

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good Morning @Danny1995 

Many thanks for your post.

If you can private message me your full address with postcode I'll check this over for you now.

Can you please pop me your name and contact number in the private message too should I need to contact you directly regarding this.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

I have the same problem, moved to a new place and I literally have the cable out of my window, but the address doesn't show. Could someone take a look please?

Daryl_l
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there let me take a look at this for you I will send you over a private message 

Hey. I dont think I can get Virgin either.. Were you able to get them installed?