cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media isn’t available at my new home address, but neighbours can use your broadband....

weijie
Tuning in

Hi,

I used the postcode checker and my house number (1st floor) isn’t available, but two of neighbours (ground floor) are available for virgin broadband and one neighbour is using virgin broadband. I had contacted you but eventually I got no reply.

It is worth noting that there is a cable (looks like fibre, shows below) in my room, and if the cable was used for Virgin Media, this thing should be easy, and it also means we don't need to punch drill holes in the wall to lay fibre opticscable.jpg

I really want to use Virgin Media broadband.

Is there any way to sort it out?

Thanks,
Weijie

11 REPLIES 11

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

not sure what that is - looks like coax but no F connector - post a better photo of the end

follow it outside and see where it goes - post more photos of outside

Tony.
Sacked VIP

cable1.jpgcable2.jpg

Cable's end is here, and I will go outside to check where it goes

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

its certainly coax - whether its VM i have no idea but following it outside may answer that

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Tony, 

Thanks for reply. 

The cable goes to the other side of the building where I can't see it goes, maybe it goes through other guys yard/house.

I guess I need to consider service from other supplier.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Wei 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@weijie wrote:

cable1.jpgcable2.jpg

Cable's end is here, and I will go outside to check where it goes

That is "Air spaced" coax that used to be installed for rooftop TV aerials years ago (and what a load of c*?# it was). You are not on VMs database as there is no service tee at the boundary of your property, only the flats below. You would need a wayleave agreement with whoever owns the flat below for VMs coax to cross their property before VM would make the address serviceable.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @weijie 👋,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry your address is not showing as serviceable. We'd love to have you on board if we're able 😊

I will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and take it from there.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @weijie 

I have passed this on to our dedicated team who will be in touch within 10 working days, if not sooner, to discuss servicing your property 🤞 

Keep us posted!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha_B,

Thanks for the help.

May I also ask is the checking free charge or not?  Because I have a broadband on using now as virginmedia said there was no service on my current address. But the current broadband doesn't have a good connection. I am willing to change to virginmedia if this current connection is still bad and virginmedia could service my property.

Thansk for your help.

Best Regards,

Weijie

Hi there @weijie 

Just to confirm for you there is not charge for the form for the teams to check your address and contact you in regards to possible connection. 

Please do let us know how things go when the team reach out?