cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media installed in area in Q4 of 2022, but not available to sign up to

killzusall
Joining in

Hi

Last year, we had a letter drop saying that Virgin Media would be coming to our area, and they dug up the paths, laid some fibre, and then replaced some telephone poles in the last few months of 2022, but whenever I check the website it just says it's unavailable and to register my interest.

I'm out of contract with my current provider, and they keep offering me good deals in comparison to what I have now, but I don't want to lock into another 18 months contract in case Virgin becomes available, as with the BT landline based solution I only get ~47mbps and would appreciate the much better speeds that Virgin can offer. In the mean time I have missed out on saving money by renewing, and not been able to take advantage of Virgin's Black Friday and January sales deals.

Would it be possible for a Virgin rep to just give an estimated go live date for my area, [REMOVED]? Otherwise I'm just going to have to look at renewing my FTTC deal.

Thanks 🙂

[MOD EDIT: Details removed as requested 

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Hero

Do register your  interest, it helps VM to know you are there and interested in the service.

Where we are when the FTTP service passed our drive it then took almost a month the be able to place an order,
some time is it possible to see where the service has gone live be trying a few local post codes in the
service availability check.

Thanks for the reply, I registered my interest as soon as we got the letter, just checked my emails and there was a we’ve hit a problem email that I must have missed back in September, but the telephone poles were replaced after that (as it looks like the fibre will run across from those to my particular property and I assume looking back that might have been the problem they were talking about), not heard anything since, I’ve checked on my community’s Facebook group and others have said the same so it might be they just have to wait on Openreach to do all those in my area before they activate, but would still be good to get an ETA or an update as to what the delay is. Do Virgin reps reply on this forum?

Virgin staff do reply on this forum.

With the advantage of eyes and boots on the ground you may be best placed to forecast a go live date.

VM started the FTTP / RFoG build in Jan 2017 in this area, the service was live for us in Nov 2017.
We counted the days as in this area via Openreach there is still only ADSL.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi killzusall, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and this thread.

We're sorry to hear about your location not being under our serviceable areas, currently.
As you've previously registered your interest and haven't hear back from the team in regard to this, we'd love to see how we can help out.

In order to get more info from you safely and check, I will send you a private message here shortly.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs