Menu
rob1952
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media cutting accross to my side of road to connect a property but doesnt include me?

Sorry if this in wrong sub forum.

Virgin keep saying cable is not available to our property however the cable runs down the opposite side of street (past our property )and only a few days ago on 11/05/2019 I saw virgin cutting across to connect a small block of flats which is on same side as our house, we are only a few houses down at number 22. I just wondered if this could be done to our property also. I queried this with virgin on the phone but they said for some reason our house is down as commercial and not showing up as residential. I explained that this was because the house was previously a small bnb / hotel in the 80's which has since been converted. Virgin said they would need to send someone out to have a look and they would ring me back; however, I have not received a call and it has been 2 weeks. If someone could please look into this for me that would be great as I am desperate to get virgin fibre, thank-you.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media cutting accross to my side of road to connect a property but doesnt include me?

Update your Postcode Address File (PAF).

https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/update-your-address

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
rob1952
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media cutting accross to my side of road to connect a property but doesnt include me?

Hi Roger I have already checked this and royal mail confirmed that my details were correct ie residential not commercial. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

0 Kudos
rob1952
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can anybody past this on to staff to follow up?

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@rob1952 wrote:

Can anybody past this on to staff to follow up?

staff will pick up the thread at some point as part of the normal process.

0 Kudos
rob1952
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ok thank-you.
0 Kudos
rob1952
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to my original post: I noticed that if I use the online virgin services checker it offers services up to house number 12, I am 22 (on the same side of the road)
0 Kudos
rob1952
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

To add again to my original post: There is only houses on one side so there is just 4 houses between number 12 and 22.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi rob1952,

Are you happy to provide your postcode? If so I can have a check and see what we can do for you.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
rob1952
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom I've sent you a PM with my address. Thanks.
0 Kudos