cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media cables exposed in driveway

Pauledwards
Joining in

The cables supplying our house have become exposed. When originally laid, it appears they were buried less than 20mm underground and covered with a thin trail of tarmac.

They have now worked their way to the surface and are in danger of becoming damaged by traffic.

I did report this a couple of years ago but never heard back. The problem is now getting worse as the cables continue to exhume themselves. I guess external contractors were used to 'lay' the cable originally.

I have tried to contact Virgin Media by phone regarding this but there does not appear to be an option available...

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Pauledwards

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the cabling. I am going to send you a PM now, can you enclose a picture of the cables in your reply to me please?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Pauledwards

Can you please send me a picture of these cables so I can assist further?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

82E60D58-DF3F-4100-BA2F-9867152B23BD.jpeg

F1DF436B-BE37-4379-89BF-9C50093363D4.jpeg

F084A0BA-D696-4EBE-B527-01CFD08C7156.jpeg

Thank you for the relevant images @Pauledwards.

I have sent you a private message to further look into this for you. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs