cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Service Request Issue

BumbleNoodle
Joining in

Engineer was booked in a month in advance for Saturday 26th February. Everything was plane sailing. I got the texts to ask for permission to do the works etc. All pre works were assumed to be done because the installers called up a few days before my broadband installation appointment to confirm that they were at my house installing the internet cable. When I got home, the cable was there as expected. 

Saturday 26th February arrived. No sign of the engineer. I end up getting in touch with Virgin and they said that it had been rearranged because the pre installers needed additional permissions from a third party. I don't know what this means and the helpdesk couldn't provide any more information as they were just reading the notes that the pre-installers put on my account. .  

The engineer is booked in to install my broadband on Saturday 19th March and my service request date keeps being pushed back and I cannot get any answers from the call centre other than it is scheduled for the day I call and I should get a call back on the that day to confirm it's complete. Can anybody advise as I'm due to have it installed next Saturday and I work from home and require internet and I don't want to get a last minute cancellation with no real explanation on what is going on.😩 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello. 

Everything worked out and it has all been resolved.

Thank you for your help. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BumbleNoodle, 

Welcome and thank you for your post to us. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience and the delays with the installation, I appreciate this must be frustrating. 

I would like to take a look in to this further so I am going to pop you over a private message to clarify some details. I'll send this now and you will be able to access the message via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BumbleNoodle, 

Thank you for joining me for a private chat, I am very happy that we have been able to assist.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if we can help in the future. 

Take care

Nat

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello BumbleNoodle

Nat is away from the office this week

I have just picked your Private Message up

Can I please ask how things are?

Has the service been installed yet

Gareth_L

Hello. 

Everything worked out and it has all been resolved.

Thank you for your help. 

Hi @BumbleNoodle thanks a lot for your reply and confirmation, that's great news!

Please let us know if you need any further help in the future.

Many thanks

Tom_W