cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Hub 3.0 constant red light

MARIEFRANCESCOT
Just joined

Hi, 

For over a week now my hub light is red.  I have internet and no issues that I am aware of.  I have done the reboot, reset (with the pin), checked that all the connections were tight multiple times.  I've called the Helpdesk and they have just told me that they have no idea what is wrong but to live with it and ignore the red light until my connection goes wrong.  Not sure if that is great advice and and it certainly is not great service.  Does anyone else have the same issue or has had the same issue and did anyone resolve it, with or without Virgin Media's help?  I am not happy to live with a constant red light, I need my hub to function as it should.

4 REPLIES 4

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

ahh the depth of knowledge of offshore is truly amazing - or put another way they know sod all

likely just the cheap led that is giving up the ghost - the full diagnostics from VM is do a reboot and it should sort itself out - it never does but what do the forum team know thats what they are told to ask which is marginally better than offshore but not much

so wait here and someone should sort it

on the remote chance it is over heating turn it off at night and when you are out until its changed

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MARIEFRANCESCOT,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙌.

I am so sorry to hear you have been having issues with your hub, I have taken a look and can see you have rebooted recently, if you still have the red light we will need to get a tech out for you.

I will pop you over a PM, so I can get some details. Keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Zoie

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Zoie_P wrote:

Hi MARIEFRANCESCOT,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙌.

I am so sorry to hear you have been having issues with your hub, I have taken a look and can see you have rebooted recently, if you still have the red light we will need to get a tech out for you.

I will pop you over a PM, so I can get some details. Keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Zoie

from the first post

I am not happy to live with a constant red light, I need my hub to function as it should. - i think that says its still red

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me @MARIEFRANCESCOT 

I am glad I could get this booked for you 😃.

If you want to cancel or rearrange your appointment you can do so 👉 here.

Keep us posted on how you get on and I hope this is resolved for you.

As this is a fault you should not be charged, please ensure someone over the age of 18 is home when the tech arrives.

Zoie