cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Connect IOS App.

Ros1ep
Tuning in

Hi.

As per, ignore my ignorance. Since upgrading to Volt 1Gig package, I’ve been unable to connect to the VM Connect iOS App. Is the app no longer needed with this package, or what, exactly? Says cannot connect to the server, please try again. I’ve been trying for nigh on 2 weeks, to no avail.

Wanting to test WiFi connection in different rooms of my home. Hope that makes sense. Thank you in anticipation. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

The Connect app doesn't work with the Hub 4.  Compatibility has now been promised for two odd years, so holding your breath whilst waiting may not be the best of ideas. 

On the plus side, you can delete it from your phone.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

The Connect app doesn't work with the Hub 4.  Compatibility has now been promised for two odd years, so holding your breath whilst waiting may not be the best of ideas. 

On the plus side, you can delete it from your phone.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To add to @Andrew-G  advice, there is nothing you can't do in the Hub's admin pages, that you would do with the app, apart from a wifi survey.

If you need to do a wifi survey, use the Apple Airport Utility app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for this - it has saved me a 150 call, but highlights just how dreadfully poor this company really is.  The app worked fine with my Hub 3; there is of course an option to select “Hub 4”, but clearly it never connects.  Signal boosters are offered within my package, but the engineer who installed was loth to explain how I might get them, more or less advising I’d be better off buying some.  It is a shambles.

Hey there @RobertPeveler, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues connecting the VM Connect App to the Hub 4.
May I ask if you've tried to uninstall the app and then re-install it?
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks yes I have tried that a couple of times, with no success.  I read a post on here which said that the connect app doesn’t work with Hub 4, so am now confused!  Is it supposed to work?

The post I am referring to is 3 posts above yours in this thread.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RobertPeveler,

Since the previous posts, we've updated our Connect App to have compatibility with the Hub 4. Can you please confirm the device you're trying to use? We've been made aware of some problems with the update, and are currently working on resolving these as soon as possible.

Do you receive any errors when trying to link your Hub 4?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks - I am trying to use an ipad (Air 3), ios 15.  The error is that the Hub is not found.  It offers to reinstall the hub, which I have tried, but it still does not find it.  I tried this again with the most recent version of the app downloaded last night.

Thank you RobertPeveler. 

This may be teething problems since the update and we will continue to work on getting these resolved but in the meantime, are you able to download the app to another device to test? If you have a smart phone, this would be perfect. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Nat