cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Box on my land

kturbill
Joining in

Purchased a property 18 months ago, had survey done and found that the brown virgin media box was on our land. Since buying we have landscaped the front of our property.  Today vm have come to link someones house up and have dug up all my landscaped area to get to a box underground. They have now left a muddy patch. Do I have to accept this, can I ask them to move the box off my land. The owners before us were the church and there has never been any vm at our property but we are the first house in the road. The man who was digging said it hadn't been opened for years so I guess its not going to be regular however I would expect them to leave it in a better state as I have paid for landscaping. Could I get some advise please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@kturbill wrote:

I guess there could be a way leave, would you know how I can find out if this is the case, I assume there must be evidence of this, if this is the case, or VM could just say there was one. Also should they not put back the grass they dug up to at least put it back as it was.

If there is one, don't just ask if it exists, demand they produce a copy, or remove their equipment from your land and/or reinstate to your satisfaction.  If there were one, then it should have been disclosed to the Land Registry, and brought to your attention when buying the property.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

32 REPLIES 32

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up a few photos showing the issue you describe so we (and VM), can advise

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s possible that there was a wayleave from the previous owner to install the box.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I guess there could be a way leave, would you know how I can find out if this is the case, I assume there must be evidence of this, if this is the case, or VM could just say there was one. Also should they not put back the grass they dug up to at least put it back as it was.

Thanksnew2.jpg

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If there is a wayleave, Virgin Media must have a record.  You don't have to take their word for it.  And yes, they must make good after any work done.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

@kturbill wrote:

If there is one, don't just ask if it exists, demand they produce a copy, or remove their equipment from your land and/or reinstate to your satisfaction.  If there were one, then it should have been disclosed to the Land Registry, and brought to your attention when buying the property.

@kturbill tell me when you say a brown virgin media box on your property, are you referring to one of the big cabinets (about 1m high) or a small brown box attached to the wall of your house?

Its the big one, Ive added a picture of it along with the state they have left it in.Thanks

sorry the picture doesn't really show the box I struggled to get a picture on here as it had to be a small file and Im a granny when it comes to technology