Menu
mh81d
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Installation Date

Hello, I have recently joined Virgin, and I am switching from BT, the problem is the given installation date for the engineers to arrive and install the new equipment is a week longer after my services with BT end, and furthermore the date I choose when placing the order was on the 25th Sept, but had been changed to the 6th Oct due to pre-pull work as I was told, would it be possible to change the installation date to an earlier one? 

0 Kudos
paultechy
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Installation Date

normally they would offer the first available since this is normally a two man job, could give customer services a call to query this but doubtful would get somebody out quicker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You shouldn't cancel your service's until VM is installed if you want to carry your phone number over, when virgin request your number it should cancel your service, you can't port a number that is being closed down 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you need to ring the install team - they may be able to help but a word of advice - you say you need a cable pulled - that usually happens with no problem but until they try they do not know if the duct is blocked or damaged - if it is there will be a delay - if its simple then that will add a few days or a week - if they need to dig to remove any blockage the council have to issue a permit - most councils take 6 weeks to do that

so its never a good idea to cancel an existing supply until VM is up and running 

Tony
mh81d
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for replying.

I won't be porting the number from BT, as the package I have ordered with Virgin is broadband only. 

0 Kudos