Menu
Poom22
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Fibre internet down down for 19 days , best route to get escalated?

Hi All

My Virgin Fibre has been down for 19 days now, 

The support says the same time to me every day that it's an area fault and that it'll be fixed the next day at 10am or 2pm, and it never is

Service status page always says everything is working ok 

Extremely annoying having no internet over xmas, and I can only get through on the support to a robot saying there is an issue, or a 1st line support person who doesn't know anything, and I think i'm due an explanation at this stage 

So just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation and what you did to get it fixed/escalated 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Fibre internet down down for 19 days , best route to get escalated?

So we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

happywithmy350
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

And you decide to report it 19 days later on a forum where they take a week to respond?

I thought windups were on the first day of the third month? and not the 2nd day of the first?

"I think i'm due an explanation at this stage"

Sure - you chose the WRONG option! - tech support is option 2, are there 24/7 and last time I used them were based in Liverpool - who would have been able to have helped.

Hmmmmmmmm...?
0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

OR if you have a SH 3 which is different and the Superuser should know this.. Click on the "Check router status" underneath the login screen when you go to http://192.168.0.1 and then click on the "Downstream" "Upstream" and "Network log" from the middle buttons.

Poom22
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all 

Downstream bonded channels
Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID
1 306750000 -20.3 29 256 qam 22

Downstream bonded channels
Channel Locked Status RxMER (dB) Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors
1 Locked 29.6 66574 0
Upstream bonded channels
Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

Upstream bonded channels
Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts
Refresh data
Network Log
Time Priority Description
2019-01-05 10:07:14.00 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
2019-01-05 10:07:58.00 critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

jbrennand
Superstar
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This is not the full information set - look for examples of how it should look on the Networking & Wifi forum

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Looking at your figures there is only one downstream and one upstream and the downstream figure is horrendous. Get on to customer services again and keep on to them, you have to be persistent and keep phoning them. By the way the web status page only really gives details of outages that affect 1000’s of users, somin most cases of a local problem it’s useless. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Tudor wrote:

Looking at your figures there is only one downstream and one upstream and the downstream figure is horrendous.

Blimey ! I couldn't believe that a "complete set" of figures could be "that" bad Smiley Happy

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@jbrennand wrote:

@Tudor wrote:

Looking at your figures there is only one downstream and one upstream and the downstream figure is horrendous.

Blimey ! I couldn't believe that a "complete set" of figures could be "that" bad Smiley Happy

With downstream power sitting where it is and a rubbish SNR, the HUB likely cant lock to the CMTS.

Upstream is not AS bad, so its transmitting a request to be provisioned, but not "hearing" the reply from the CMTS.

Poom22
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks all 

I said I was leaving and they've sent me an engineer for tomorrow 

But I'm wondering if there is any point of them coming to site or not, I have to take time off work for this so hopefully there is! 

0 Kudos