cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Fibre Wall Socket

edwardholgate
Tuning in

Hi,

Im a new customer just received my Fibre setup box yesterday but unfortunately there is no Fibre wall connection in the house?

A bit disappointed as I asked the salesman before I signed up that everything would be ready at the property and I could just plug and play, to which it was confirmed I could.
Had to do my own research and looks like an engineer needs to come out and install a fibre Virgin wall socket to connect to.

Please can this be arranged ASAP as I’m not able to use the service I’m paying for.

thankyou 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Z92
Trouble shooter

It might not be a socket - it might just be a cable. Please check. There should be an outside box you can use to follow the cable inside unless a previous occupier has removed it.

BTW you don't pay for the service until the connection is fully working. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Z92
Trouble shooter

It might not be a socket - it might just be a cable. Please check. There should be an outside box you can use to follow the cable inside unless a previous occupier has removed it.

BTW you don't pay for the service until the connection is fully working. 

Thankyou for the reply, I am away from the property until Sunday afternoon, I don’t remember there being an internal cable but I will double check on Sunday when I’m back

regards 

Hi edwardholgate

Please do come back to us and we'll be more than happy to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi,

I haven’t found the connection yet and I don’t think there is one.. I will check again on Sunday

thanks 

Thanks, please keep us posted

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Found cable from outside, connected it but router flashing green even after reboot

have you phoned the activation number - should have been provided with packaging. Still no luck the cable maybe dead and engineer will be required to fix.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi edwardholgate,

If you need the activation number it's 0800 953 9500.. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ok guys I’ve activated my fibre connection (it didn’t ask for box serial number etc, presumably just used the postcode for ident)

says wait at least an hour. Hoping it works after this 

thanks