Menu
Skywalker
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Connect app problem

I have the Virgin Connect app on my Fire HD tablet.I have tried several times to use it to reboot my Hub 3. It has never managed to do so, even when I'm standing right beside the Hub.

I then have to switch off and unplug the Hub, wait 5 minutes, then re-connect. The first couple of times i did this, It would not re-instate my internet connection and I had to spend 30 minutes or more on the phone to the helpline to get it back.

Are there any solutions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Connect app problem

Hi Skywalker, 

Really sorry that you've bee having some issues, it's not what we like to hear. 

Have the team sorted this over the phone? 

Are you still having issues at the moment? 

If so then can you try rebooting the hub for me now and test it again?  

Let us know Smiley Happy 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Skywalker
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Thanks for getting back to me. My previous post didn't make it clear enough what I was looking for. Sorry!

My issue is not with the service. That was sorted by phone on both occasions.

I'm trying to find out why the Virgin Connect app on my tablet cannot manage to reboot my Hub 3. Is it a known issue, and is there a fix, work-around etc?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What specifically happens when you try to reboot through the app?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What happens appears to documented in the 1st. post.

"I have tried several times to use it to reboot my Hub 3. It has never managed to do so, even when I'm standing right beside the Hub.

I then have to switch off and unplug the Hub, wait 5 minutes, then re-connect. The first couple of times i did this, It would not re-instate my internet connection and I had to spend 30 minutes or more on the phone to the helpline to get it back."

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sololobo,

Thank you for your input into this. 

But that doesn't answer my question.

^Martin

0 Kudos
Skywalker
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

When I start the reboot procedure using the Connect app, it will work its way through to between 80 and 90 percent completed, then I get an error message advising me that the task can't be done. By that time, of course, the internet service has been disconnected, and I cannot see any option in the app to re-instate it. That's when I unplug the Hub, wait 5 minutes then plug it in again. I don't trust this because I have done it three times - it worked on the third occasion but not on the first two, and I had to phone the help line and eventually use the reset button to get my service back.

However...please bear with me...the only reason I felt the need to reboot the Hub was because I use an internet streaming service which advises that the router should be rebooted every week "to clear the cache and other junk". If I have "Automatic WiFi management" switched on, will this do the same thing? In other words, do I really NEED to reboot my Hub?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can you try the connect app on another device if possible ^GT

0 Kudos
Skywalker
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

I tried again, using the app on my Samsung A10 phone. Once again, it didn't work.

I did, however, discover that by tapping the "Try Again" button, it re-connected the internet service.

So, the secondary problem is solved, but the initial problem remains that I cannot reboot my Hub using the app. But, referring back to my post to Martin, do I really need to reboot it if all I want to do is clear the cache etc? Or will the "Automatic WiFi Management" feature take care of that?

@Gareth_L wrote:

Can you try the connect app on another device if possible ^GT

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Skywalker

Thanks for replying 

There will be no need to reboot if you wish to clear cache