Menu
kamy
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Comm Box Removal

Hi, I am not a Virgin customer but I have this unsighty, bulky green Virgin Comm Box blocking my drive way, as I converted my front yard to a drive way. 

Could you guy come out and relocate it PLEASE?

ThanksCapture.JPG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Comm Box Removal

staff will pick this up in a few days and give you some answers [maybe] - in the mean time - if its on your land then you have a case - if its on council land then you are on a hiding to nothing - permission will have been granted when it was put there and thats about it - remove a front boundary wall or fence changes nothing

you can talk to VM and they may agree to move it at your expense - expect a large bill - 5 figures i would guess by other posts on here

Tony
0 Kudos
kamy
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It is on council land, but it could be that a Lorry runs over it some day. It would be in their interest to move it!
0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

For the work you have had done was planning permission required and therefor you obtained it?

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
kamy
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Yes, planning permission was obtained.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Equipment like roadside boxes is protected under the Telecommunications Act. There is no way you can force it to be moved. 

If a lorry ran over it the operator would be required to replace it, and would doubtless have to pay compensation to the customers who lost their services.  It could be a very expensive accident.

0 Kudos
chenks
Super solver
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@kamy wrote:
It is on council land, but it could be that a Lorry runs over it some day. It would be in their interest to move it!

i hope that isn't you making an idle "threat" that something might happen to the cabinet "by accident"
that would be mighty foolish to say in a public forum.

you knew the cabinet was there before you made the changes to your property, as such the cabinet was there first, has permission to be there, and virgin are under no obligation to move it.

if they did agree to move it the cost would be on your shoulders, so hope you have at least £10,000 sitting ready to pay the bill.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

That's a guess of course. 

But whatever the cost of paying to get it moved, it would still be cheaper than paying to sort out the damage after an "accident".

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@jpeg1 wrote:

That's a guess of course. 

But whatever the cost of paying to get it moved, it would still be cheaper than paying to sort out the damage after an "accident".

insurance pays, they just keep rebuilding it and would probably stick 3 bollards around it

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The last paragraph on this page describes what you would have to do to remove the box from your own property. And if it's on the Council's property you would have to convince them first.

https://www.foxwilliams.com/news/975

0 Kudos