cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Cable

JLeth
Tuning in

My new neighbours have recently had virgin installed. The two work men basically did the laziest job of running the cable from a outlet point at the bottom of my garden rather than use one outside my actual neighbours house. Also the cable isn't buried, it's a trip hazard and also its likely to be cut when I mow my lawn. They didn't ask permission to walk all over my front garden nor did they ask permission to place part of the cable on my property. How do I go about getting this job done properly preferably one that doesn't have a health and safety issue as it's stands at the moment.

21 REPLIES 21

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Lisa_CC

Can you please use whatever authority you have to ensure that the complainant gets this problem sorted ASAP.  The cable installation, and the initial response on here, both show your company in a very poor light.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

spell
Knows their stuff

Lisa_CC

While I would take issue with the suggestion of disrespect I concede there was a tendency to stray from the main issue so point taken - such is the nature of public forums.

May I suggest however that there are more important priorities which as a Moderator you may wish to consider 

1. The sending of MPs containing sensitive or personal information (I assume) to the wrong person

2.  The addressing of the actual problem prioritising advice that the OP should NOT approach his neighbour about            the issue but should leave it to VM to resolve bearing in mind his perfectly legitimate option of simply cutting      out  the cable after a reasonable period of inaction - probably about now.

Best regards