cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Cable

JLeth
Tuning in

My new neighbours have recently had virgin installed. The two work men basically did the laziest job of running the cable from a outlet point at the bottom of my garden rather than use one outside my actual neighbours house. Also the cable isn't buried, it's a trip hazard and also its likely to be cut when I mow my lawn. They didn't ask permission to walk all over my front garden nor did they ask permission to place part of the cable on my property. How do I go about getting this job done properly preferably one that doesn't have a health and safety issue as it's stands at the moment.

21 REPLIES 21

g0akc
Problem sorter

Can you add photo(s) here.

Then wait for a forum rep to pick this up and respond - they should be able to arrange for an area manager to investigate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JLeth, 

Sorry to hear about this issue with the cabling works going though your garden and property. 

We can help by reporting the issue and send someone to sort this out.

Could you please advise us if you are also an existing VM customer or is it just your neighbours are with us at the minute? 

Let us know as based on this information, we shall be able to take the next step to resolve this for you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi 

I'm not currently a virgin customer. I don't actually use anyone for cable broadband  and I don't have a landline. It is purely my next door neighbours who moved in a few months ago.

The cable needs to be moved to outside their property and it needs to be done safely so as not to be a trip hazard.  Where its been placed was a very lazy option by the installers who although had access to next door's garden decided it was less walking for them  to tramp all over my front garden damaging plants in the process rather than walk up and down the drive of the actual property they were working on.

Thank you for your help with this.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response JLeth, 

Just to clarify, does the neighbour have an active Virgin service?

If so have they been in contact themselves regarding this?

As the appointment should be placed on their account.

Cheers,

Kain

spell
Knows their stuff

Kain_W

Whether the neighbour has an active service is nothing to do with the issue and is just waffle to delay a fast  response to a serious matter. Do you seriously expect the OP to interrogate the neighbour over something that is none of his/her business and no doubt of no interest on behalf of VM. Same goes for has the neighbour contact VM - why should they have done - they don't have a problem.

This is a  simple issue and straightforward to rectify - contractors have trespassed on the OPs property and had the gall to use it to carry out an installation.

To the OP I would say for the sake of goodwill give VM a week to remove their equipment (which they won't do) then snip any cable on your property. Give VM notice you require them to collect their property  and when they fail to do so dispose of it - you may  consider imposing storage charges in the meantime!.

As pointed out in another post continued delay may be taken as an implied wayleave consent although signed permission in writing is required. The ball is in your court - VM will do nothing apart from treat you as a nuisance.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Kain_W wrote:

Thanks for the response JLeth, 

Just to clarify, does the neighbour have an active Virgin service?

If so have they been in contact themselves regarding this?

As the appointment should be placed on their account.

Cheers,

as said above what has the neighbour to do with anything and is it not obvious from the thread that it is the neighbour that is a VM customer or is in the process of becoming one - the first 8 words of this thread state

My new neighbours have recently had virgin installed.

so with respect why have you asked the question - again how does that affect the fact the pre install team have trespassed and walked all over a garden has nothing to do with the install and should be out of bounds until permission is sought and given which clearly it was not

so again with respect should this not be going to pm for an address to be sought and the AFM contacted

to the OP - if this goes to pm - be specific on a time scale before you remove the cable yourself - if it follows the usual pattern nothing will happen - its the [usual] way it works - the thought process being if they ignore you long enough you will give up and go away - 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Tony

Finally some one who has actually bothered to read my comments properly so thank you for that 😊.

The information is indeed contained within the content so Virgin why exactly are you re- asking the same  questions over and over again.

I want your company to remove the cable that has nothing to do with me nor should it be on my property, its quite simple. It was a lazy job carried out by two very lazy workers who couldn't be bothered to do a job properly. Now with respect please pass this onto some one that will actually ask for the information they need to get this job moved to its correct property.

Kain

Thank you for that, at least there are a couple of people here that bothered to to read my comment properly and actually understand the issue which is more than I can say for the Virgin reps on here who seem intent on asking the same question over and over. 😊

spell
Knows their stuff

They will say it is being passed to the appropriate department and absolutely nothing will happen - you are the victim here and you are in charge - not VM. Have the cutters ready - I would have done it already with no qualms whatsoever