cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Box connections, does this look ok?

alyandrob
On our wavelength

I'm trying to investigate issues with my WiFi speed, I will post a log on the relevant forum for that, bit as part of checks I went to look at the box outside and noticed that the connection cables are all dangling out! I don't think this is the reason for my issue, as it looks like it's been this way for a while but is this OK for my box to be left connected like this?

20220114_130434-01.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Those are the phone wires and should not be hanging outside the box.  Phone it in or wait a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

The broadband co-ax looks to be secure in the box at least! 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Those are the phone wires and should not be hanging outside the box.  Phone it in or wait a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

The broadband co-ax looks to be secure in the box at least! 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

alyandrob
On our wavelength

Thanks, hopefully one of the Mods will see this soon.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @alyandrob

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your services. 

I can also see that you have some additional issues with your broadband, I have run some additional checks on the account & I can't see anything that isn't within the recommended specs. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can arrange an engineer to come and sort the telephone wires out. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

alyandrob
On our wavelength

Thanks Zak

I need to dig out my account info to respond to your PM, so I'll do that soon (been working in the office this week instead of at home so haven't had the jnfo to hand)

With regards to my broadband issues, might it be a problem with the router? Waiting for someone to respond to my post on the Speed forum, where I had posted the log results - there are a lot of error messages in the log!

Hi alyandrob,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, regarding the Router issue there are still no issues showing your end, we can look further into this once we have a private chat as well as organising for the brown box to be sorted out, if you do not have the account details to hand we can ask other details,

I will send another invite, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

alyandrob
On our wavelength

Hi Paul

One of your colleagues,  Zak, has already booked an engineer to sort out the brown box outside. However not getting anywhere with the speed/WiFi interference issue, feeling like I am being fobbed off there. Paying a lot of money for a service I can't get and I have no idea how to resolve it. 

Regards 

Alyson 

Hi alyandrob

Thanks for coming back to us. There's no issues showing when I've done a check. No area outages. All your levels and SNR/congestion are all in spec.

Can you post your Hub status and logs? How to do this;
• Please go to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode), 
• Don't log in, click on 'router status' 
• Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs as text into a 'REPLY' as opposed to 'QUICK REPLY'. Please do not include your MAC address.
Also, set up a Broadband Quality Monitor. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc 
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

alyandrob
On our wavelength

Hi John

Thanks for getting back to me. Could this discussion please be continued on my post on the Speed board instead please? I only mentioned it here in my OP in case there was a connection.   I have already done a log, for which another member of the community commented there were a lot of T3 errors

I've signed up to the Broadband quality monitor now, so will see what results that shows. It seems to be an intermittent issue