Menu
davbro63
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Very poor Support service and ongoing connection drop outs

I have had issues every day since I joined Virgin Media with 5-10 Internet Connection drop outs every day. I posed questions on this forum and received a great response resulting in 2 separate visits from Engineers.

Both times the Engineers said my issues were not with my equipment but were with their Network infrastructure and both said they would pass on the work to the correct team. Both said I would be kept up to date with the progress - I'm still waiting (from November and December 2018)

I then wrote to Virgin Media twice, each time received a letter back with separate Complaint Reference IDs - i.e. the same issue I wrote about each time has not been linked under the same complaint ID

In each letter I was advised that someone would call and discuss the issue. I did receive a call from a support individual who wanted to take me through the exact same process that the Engineers had done, twice, on each of their visits.

The support individual said he had read my letter and when I asked him to explain the nature of my complaint he stated I had 'speed issues' and wanted compensation. Neither are the case. I am not interested in compensation, I just want a connection that does not drop 5-10 times per day.
On hearing this lie I terminated the unproductive call.

I am now at my wits end knowing how to prod Virgin Media into actually doing something and responding on a one to one level with the issues I am having.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can achieve this.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor Support service and ongoing connection drop outs

You can wait here for up to a week for helpful VM staff to respond or phone VM link to Retention's - I'm thinking of leaving, they good reports on sorting things out.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
davbro63
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response.

I actually do like the speed of Virgin Media's Internet connection and wish to remain with them once this issue is resolved.
My contract ends in September of this year and if it is not resolved by then I will be leaving.

I have had very helpful feedback and advice from this forum so at the moment I'm happy to wait until someone from VM responds here.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

start with the basics - how are you connected - wired or wireless or mixed devices - is it just the wifi that drops or the connection to the hub

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
0 Kudos
davbro63
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

The 'connection drop' is from the VM Hub 3 to the Internet - all devices are connected by a mix of hard wired (Cat 6) and a couple on WiFi. These are rock solid, except when the Internet connection goes down.

I've placed the VM Hub in modem mode so I can better manage the internal private network configuration and allow internal services (Media Server, File Server etc.) to continue working when the Internet connection is down.

The log entries are unchanged from my earlier post here

David

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It looks like your other thread has slipped through the net.

I explained the logs to you in your other thread which you chose to ignore, if the logs have not changed then the T3 events are not reoccurring which would signify the fault has been rectified.

Maybe a SU can give VM a nudge on your other thread  since all the data is there.

0 Kudos
davbro63
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

My apologies - I did not ignore the advice. The issue is still on-going and it seems the fix needs to be made at the VM network level - nothing locally.

David

0 Kudos
davbro63
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I should also add that the suggestion to contact support via phone was not taken up.

Given the issues  I have had with support not knowing what the issues are and then blatantly lying to me I am less than keen to speak to anyone from that team over the telephone.

I would prefer email as a communication medium or the written word via letter. I have tried the letter route and seem to be ignored.

Is there an email address I can use to communicate with someone that can fix this issue ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

short answer to your question above - no

Tony
0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It's a shame your not prepared to use the phone link I suggested to you.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos