cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very old wiring

Umar234
Joining in

Hi, I just moved into my new address and after speaking with the previous owner. I was advised my wiring needs looking at. Its iver 9 years old. The brown box outside is hanging off.The wires inside are just strewn across the floor.

The old owner told me he had many issues with the speed on his gig 1 package. 

I am worried now as I have just signed up to a Gig 1 package and will be sent a quickstart kit. I asked if I could get the wires re fitted as they are old and damaged but was told I woukd have to pay £30 or more if an engineer is sent out.

I am.considering to cancel my connection as the current wiring looks like a handy man has installed them. Came her as a last resort of what I should do. 

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When the QuickStart kit arrives just phone up and ask for a manned install. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Umar234 👋 welcome to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear these concerns about your wiring! Don't worry we will be able to help. As you are pre-install at the moment and we haven't been able to confirm there are any issues we will need to wait for your Quickstart equipment to arrive. Once this has arrived with you and you are installed and active, we can then send a technician out to you if needed. It may be that you need a manned installation, or just a faults appointment to check over things with the wiring, and get any issues fixed.

I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details, so we can offer support with this when possible. You can find this in the top right corner of the page 📩 in your Inbox. 
We can then return to this public thread with an update when possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

All the best. 🌞

Molly