cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vandalised cabinet - Help please!!

Ultra64
Tuning in

Cabinet for our street has been vandalised. Door has been open for weeks, and fibre cables have been cut.

I’ve attached a photo of the cabinets ref number. Can someone please escalate because myself and I’m sure many others are without internet.

I have an engineer appointment on Saturday, but I’m not sure they will be able to go down to the cabinet, as it was a third party contractor who did that side of the work during install… 

Thanks!

A6ECAFF8-FA97-4D45-AE2F-CACAA46E31D1.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You can report at link below, if you wish

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/How-to-report-damage-to-street-equipment/ba-p/4151...

by providing the required info and a photo of the damage.

The above link is the dedicated part of the forum for reporting cabinet damage.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Ultra64, and welcome back!

We can seek to report this for you, before we do however, were you able to bring this to the attention of the visiting engineer yesterday?

Our engineers would be able to visit and work on the cabinet to fix a fault for a customer.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi! 

Yes, strangely enough the engineer said he couldn’t do anything with the cabinet but confirmed our cable had been cut, and that someone would be out on Monday to fix it.

However, last night around 8PM our services came back and I got an email this morning from VM confirming the fault has been fixed. 

Out of curiosity, are you able to DM me with more details as to what the fault was and how it was fixed? Perhaps there’s notes on our account. 

Thank you! 

Thanks for coming back to me @Ultra64, I can take a look into this for you, but won't make any guarantees on how much I'll be able to find out - locating the engineer may be tricky.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner!

Kindest regards,

David_Bn