cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM refusing to send two returns packs. Should I squeeze both items into one pack??

asim18
Fibre optic

Hi there,

A few months ago Virgin Media sent me a replacement modem because my old modem did not have integrated phone sockets and they needed it to get my phone line up and running.

The modem I received was untested and broken and it was also a dangerous fire hazard because it had metal items rattling around inside.

I notified virgin media, but then I received TWO more modems (both old second hand goods but working).

So now I have two extra modems one broken and one possibly working.

However virgin media refuse to send me two returns packs, yet they want both modems back.

I have tried calling THREE times now.

First time they said you'll get your return packs in a few days no probs.

Second time the guy just hung up the phone.

Third time the lady said the computer wont let her send two returns packs, I told her if I can speak to someone who has the authority/system privileges to send two returns packs and she refused to accept that returning two pieces of equipment at the same time is something that a Virgin Media customer would ever need to do. Quite ridiculous actually. 😄

So what am I supposed to do? Actually there's nothing I can do, but here's what Virgin Media can do....

1) Either fix your computer systems and send me two packs.

2) Stop sending me messages demanding your equipment back.

3) Allow me (in writing) to squeeze two modems into one pack and absolve me of any and all potential issues of squeezing two modems into one returns pack.

If you can pick one of these options that would be great. Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi asim18,

You can check which items need returning on the following page return-or-recycle-equipment 

You can request returns packaging via the following link virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/request-returns-pack 

There is a you tube link showing how to package your returns equipment youtube VM Returns 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

asim18
Fibre optic

Hi Dave thanks for the helpful links.

Yes I have been told to send back both the broken modem and the other extra one. I have also received an email with the mac address of both modems to return.

Yes that was the form I filled out initially, but the form does not let me select how many items i have which need returning. It just assumes you have one modem and wont let them send another returns pack out. I can squeeze the other modem into the plastic bag but the cardboard protection is enough for one modem only.

That's what I need authorisation on. Can I just throw both modems into one bag and be done with it - it's not my problem virgin media's systems are dodgy. The lady I spoke to today sending back two items was just impossible. I asked her to just manually send me a label but she said the computer simply wont let her send another pack. I'm assuming this is why the second person  I spoke to about this issue simply hung up the phone, because there's nothing he could do about it?

It's all very bizarre and confusing. The first person I spoke to, I told him I had two modems to send back and he was like "yeah fine no probs you'll get your packs", Then when the second pack never arrived I called again and the guy just hung up after I gave him the details. Then today the lady said she does not have the correct computer authorisation to send me another pack? And when I asked to speak to someone with the correct computer authorisation to send me another pack she refused and said no one can do it. She said the only thing she is authorised to do is put a note on the system saying she tried to send another pack or something and then just sit and hope that something magically happens before the computer automatically bills me for 2 unreturned modems.

It makes no sense at all I cannot understand what's so difficult here. This story of The Two Extra Modems is turning into a saga. I have filled out the form for the third time now, tune in next week to find out if the computer magically decides to send me another returns pack.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again asim18,

It's possible the computer system might be able to send out a second returns pouch once the first one has been received back, but the front line agent maybe needs authorisation from a second level or manager to over ride the system.

I suppose if the worst came to the worst you could squeeze both hubs in one returns pouch (s you say, they are both damaged and not working so they can't break any further by being returned in the same pouch). mark both serial numbers on the returns label, along with a covering letter detailing both serial numbers and that both hubs were damaged when you received them.  

A member of the Forum Team should pick this up in a day or two, and hopefully they can find a resolution for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

asim18
Fibre optic

Thanks again for your insight Dave.

What you say sounds possible. I wouldn't be surprised if the dodgy computer expects people to make two journeys to the Collect+ store just because Virgin Media have told the computer not to let you have two labels at the same time. I don't mind making two trips if this is actually a rule from Virgin Media. Quite a silly and childish rule if it turns out to be real.

Three separate telephone representatives seem to have absolutely no idea what to do in the event a customer has two Virgin Media boxes to return. The telephone representatives are utterly clueless and useless.

Hopefully the forum team can explain how this dodgy computer system works. Does it really want me to make 2 separate journeys just for the giggles? I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if that really is the case. A new low in customer service.

Hi asim18,

Thank you for reaching  back out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you haven't received enough packaging to send both boxes back, 

I have had a look at your account with the details we have for you and it looks like another has been sent, please allow up to 5 days for this to arrive, once arrived you can take both at the same time, when ordered returns packs we can order more than one at a time however there are certain orders we cannot so I can understand where newapollo is coming from.

Regards

Paul.

asim18
Fibre optic

I have finally received another label however there is a typographical error on the label and also there is a huge line running across the barcode?

Virgin media is located on Claudius Way however the new label is missing a "u"? It says Claudis?

The first label mentions a "prologis business park" but the second one doesn't . Second label mentions numbers 15-23 but the first one doesn't?

I'm not here to do Virgin Media's work for them and validate Virgin Media's own shipping labels, so if you can just confirm that I won't be held responsible for lost parcels due to dodgy labels then I can get this posted, I don't care about virgin's address I just want to make sure I wont be charged for unreturned goods. Clearly the design of the label has been changed very recently by an inattentive worker who cant even type in "Claudius" properly and a very different address, how do I know that this modem isn't going to get lost somewhere and the computer ends up billing me?

Sorry about being so whiny, If there was no threat of being charged for un-returned items then I wouldn't even care about this whole debacle, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place here. I'm just worried because I've now received several emails and text messages demanding the equipment back, but first the computer system was broken and not letting them send two labels, and now the address is broken and Virgin Media's printer is also broken.

If you could just take responsibility for the dodgy label.

And also, I know this is a long shot because Virgin Media seems to have no internal communications whatsoever, but could someone please get a message to the poor sod who's printer this is, and tell him that he needs to have his printer serviced? I fear his printer will be printing more and more black lines over everything and nobody will even realise.

DSC_1514.jpg

asim18
Fibre optic

I have finally received another label however there is a typographical error on the label and also there is a huge line running across the barcode?

Virgin media is located on Claudius Way however the new label is missing a "u"? It says Claudis?

The first label mentions a "prologis business park" but the second one doesn't . Second label mentions numbers 15-23 but the first one doesn't?

I'm not here to do Virgin Media's work for them and validate Virgin Media's own shipping labels, so if you can just confirm that I won't be held responsible for lost parcels due to dodgy labels then I can get this posted, I don't care about virgin's address I just want to make sure I wont be charged for unreturned goods. Clearly the design of the label has been changed very recently by an inattentive worker who cant even type in "Claudius" properly and a very different address, how do I know that this modem isn't going to get lost somewhere and the computer ends up billing me?

Sorry about being so whiny, If there was no threat of being charged for un-returned items then I wouldn't even care about this whole debacle, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place here. I'm just worried because I've now received several emails and text messages demanding the equipment back, but first the computer system was broken and not letting them send two labels, and now the address is broken and Virgin Media's printer is also broken.

If you could just take responsibility for the dodgy label.

And also, I know this is a long shot because Virgin Media seems to have no internal communications whatsoever, but could someone please get a message to the poor sod who's printer this is, and tell him that he needs to have his printer serviced? I fear his printer will be printing more and more black lines over everything and nobody will even realise.

asim18
Fibre optic

DSC_1514.jpg

asim18
Fibre optic

Its not letting me add a photo to the post? Every time I add a photo the post just vanishes. Wanted to show the difference between the two labels.