cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM keeps canceling my installation

Dneagu87
Tuning in

Hello all,

I recently moved house... October 21 and VM keeps lying to me about my installation date it was November, December then January and now it's February by the time they get around to me my contract will be up... Should I just cancel my contract with them? I just can't take anymore I changed my schedule took time off from work and they keep canceling on me. I feel VM is in breach of contract. What do you guys advice me to do?

Regards,

Dan

15 REPLIES 15

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Depends. What is the reason for delay? If it’s for digging etc then that’s due to your local authority. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Well...they won't say and they actually sent people over to collect the router because quote "we was told that you cancelled" So I have no clue what s going on, the people across the street have VM so I don't know about digging.... they keep telling me on the phone they will come by etc...at this point I think they don't care.

Hi Dneagu87

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry for the install delay. I can see you've spoke to the team today and you've been advised on the situation with the install, the old equipment etc. 

Let us know if there's anything further we can assist with

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Other than keep your word this third or fourth time...I don't see how...maybe give me a free upgrade on my internet speed because you put through all of this for the last 3 months.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks for your response @Dneagu87.

I hope that the install goes ahead on the new confirmed date that you have been given. I can confirm that credits have been applied to your account for the two recent cancelled installation visits. 

We wouldn't be able to change your package from here even as a goodwill gesture, you would need to contact the team to have that looked into further.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hello guys,

Update, today 22 of January a engineering crew showed up and they said there is "No way we can get you internet, buddy" and he suggested that I should call VM and I did....the first time I called the guy was "we shall get the bottom of this" and proceeds to put me on hold and then hangs up..nice! The second person puts me on hold and then connects me to the construction team...and guess what? They don't work weekends 😔 and then hangs up and finally 😀 the third person tells me that I should ignore the engineering crew because my installation date is on the 26 of January.... What's going VM? You owe me the time I took off to wait for you or at least the 2 hours of waiting on the phone! It's been a long time VM ! And also I cheched the planning permissions at the Council no mention of VM or any Construction team for the whole street. Get your act together VM!

With no regards at all,

Daniel

gspannu
On our wavelength

All I can say is “Do not trust on any dates that Virgin provides you”

… You can read more about my experience here

‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ›››››››››
… an extremely disappointed Virgin customer
Update... no longer a Virgin customer.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It does sound very much like they are not going to install for you.  It's not uncommon for the installation to be abandoned if it would cost Virgin more than they think your business is worth.  And in these cases, because they have virtually no internal communications or record keeping the potential customer is usually just left hanging.

It's time you looked for another supplier.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dneagu87, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties getting your installation sorted.

Due to the delay, we can get a complaint raised up regarding this and pass over to the pre-installs team for them to look further into. 

To do this we will need to confirm some information with you and pass data protection. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Please expect this to arrive within the next minute or so.

Regards

Tom_W