cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM available in every flat except mine

noel8892
Joining in

Hi there,

Having looked on the online postcode checker, every flat in my building (including direct neighbours) can get, or already has, VM connected - except mine.

Is it possible to have an engineer look at my flat? Phone calls, as helpful as the staff are, can only get you so far as they don't have the authorisation.

9 REPLIES 9

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Let me check for you, i'll pop you a private message to take some details.

Thanks,

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Thanks, Christy

Hi Noel8892, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having you in the Community. 

I can see that Christy has offered her help on this. Can you come back and let us know how things have gone?

If you still need further support, let us know so we can look in to things for you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Christy let me know the address in question is fine on the system. Unfortunately phone support begs to differ!

I spoke to someone on the moving team who agreed it was peculiar, as buildings like mine usually request all flats be connected or none at all, and it would be strange that 1-2 flats randomly spread throughout wouldn't have a connection (usually it could be, say, the entire top floor)

He was going to escalate this to be checked as priority and get back to me in 72h. Unfortunately I've heard nothing since and will call back Monday or Tuesday.

In the meantime, I've also been in touch with the building managers who could confirm VM have previously done work in the building.

TTIAP
On our wavelength

Have a look at Community Fibre, check to see if they're available, a LOT cheaper with equal download/upload, i've just now signed with them, best decision i've made

Hi noel8892, 

Thanks for coming back to me with an update on this. 

There are times when the housefiles team have incorrectly updated things so it sounds as though this is what Christy was getting sorted for you. Once they have more information I am sure they'll be in touch. 

If you don't hear anything and want us to chase things then feel free to pop back here to let us know and we can go from there. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Unfortunately, VM are unable to progress this further so I will be cancelling my internet

For clarification, it seems that VM didn't cable every flat in the building at the time, and they apparently "have no funds" to complete a full installation. A shame as it seems the majority of the building, while connected, don't use their cabling. No way to swap them over, I suppose!

Not to disregard this answer, but I'm surprised if this is the case. I've let the building agents know, just in case they believe it to be 100% done.

Hi noel8892, 

Thanks for coming back to us and keeping us updated. I'm sorry to hear that we're not able to install you after all. 

Hopefully this will change in future when we are looking at new development plans. 

Until then, good luck with your new provider. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team