cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Socket

steffier
Joining in

Hi,

We have received our Hub 3 quick start package but cannot locate the VM socket. We know it’s there because previous tenants were using VM services.

Could someone give me a quick call today? We need the wi-fi to be all set up by Friday.

Thanks,

Stephanie

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Hero

From the outside perhaps you can see where the Virgin cable enters the building.
In some homes the VM connection is a loose cable with plug that fits onto the Hub 3.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you checked to make sure there is no other kind of connection? Sometimes there is no wall box, just a trailing cable. The cable could be hidden within, or behind, furniture. Occasionally only a very short stub of wire is left behind often hidden within a blanked-off fitting. The wall box may be branded with the logos of an old cable TV company (not VM). 

If you have a plastic omnibox outside on the wall (where the VM cable comes in from the street) see if you can trace any wires from that into your home.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Stephanie,

If you still can't find a connection point then call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 - they can book you a tech visit for the install.

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali