cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Connect App won’t connect

CrispyFlannel
Tuning in

Hi,  

my VM broadband has just been installed today.  Everything is working on regarding connected devices.  

I have the HUB4 and I have downloaded the VM connect app and used my email address assigned to my account to log on.  Once in I click on broadband and it says getting data.  After a short while it says we can’t find your hub despite being right next to it.  I have reinstalled the app and it still does the same.  I am using an iPhone iOS and read that iOS have a setting that can interfere but I can’t find what it is.  

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Hero

VM Connect App

For the VM Connect app to work the phone needs to be connected to a Router mode Hub via WiFi and VPNs must be disabled ( i.e. all forms of Apple’s Private Browsing tools / NordVPN and the like must be off )

If you have reinstalled the VM Connect app and it still does not find the Hub the VM back end systems are often the cause,  just try again in a few days.

Don’t reboot the Hub it is not the reason for the lack of connection.

Until the VM Connect app works manage the Hub at http://192.168.0.1

Thanks.  I do have a VPN ipvanish however it is disabled on my phone.  My iPhone is also connected via wifi.  I’ll try again in a few days.

in the meantime that link asks for a password. Which one do I use, my router one doesn’t work or my account? 

You use the Hub password from the sticker on the Hub , it might be on the bottom side of the Hub (note it is different from the WiFi password )

Hi,  

Thanks, the link now works but ideally I want to use the App.  With my previous supplier I was able to block and unblock devices from the internet which is ultimately what I want to do with ease.   

thanks

I'd avoid device blocking like the plague.

This forum is littered with threads reporting the VM Connect app has failed and now I can't unblock a key device.

Just to confirm.  The app started working on its own.  Thanks

Hi @CrispyFlannel 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that you have had some issues connecting to the Connect App. Glad to hear that this is all working for you now. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley