cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Cabinet Graffiti Removal Request

RussStairs
Tuning in

Can someone at Virgin help arrange to remove the graffiti on the VM cabinet at the top of St. Peter's Road, Broadstairs, CT10 2AP? See attached photo.

Many thanks in advance.

IMG_4245.jpeg

18 REPLIES 18

Hi the cabinet damage no is as already given is 0330 333 0444 its an automated reply so have the details to hand and if possible the box number. I do not work for virgin but I'm trying to help. Regards Micky

@RussStairs wrote:

Please update me on the status of this or provide me with an official direct link to the team that has responsibility. Please do not thank me for my patience -- that has run out. This cabinet has been in its current state for over a year. Virgin's behaviour is shameful. An apology is more in order.

This section of the forum

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/How-to-report-damage-to-street-equipment/ba-p/4151...

used to contain a big archive of all the cabinet faults that had been reported. It has now been edited down to recent entries. You could further log your complaint there if you wish.

Some of the past pictures have shown cabinets which had been run over by vehicles, pulled over by vandals, had doors ripped off and were full of leaves and rubbish and other debris. Some of the cases which have appeared there in the past have been left for months on end unrepaired and complained about endless times by the same people who originally reported them.

Good to hold VM to account on these things but, based on the above, you might want to set your expectations to 'very low indeed' about what VM will do about graffiti on a box (which, in all likelihood, will simply be vandalised again immediately if it does ever actually get repainted by VM).

Fear not, my expectations are very low. However, I always like to give organisations, even one like Virgin, a chance to show some integrity. They still have that chance. Let's see if @Akua_A or @Kath_F have decency to get this sorted or not. 

Of course, one of the reasons why things get vandalized is *because* the vandalizers know their "work" will be there for years, so Virgin's inaction is a direct contribution to the problem.

Trouble is how many times can you clean a cab.  Clean the cabinet and the next week the kids have been back out drawing again

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

This attitude is not helpful. Especially when it comes from an employee of VMO2. There are plenty of places where graffiti has been removed and has stayed that way. It has been repeatedly shown that removing graffiti quickly discourages further graffiti. Virgin's attitude towards graffiti (which it encourages with its ugly but profitable services) helps despoil towns and cities throughout the country. The lack of action is shameful. Nobody minds Virgin making money but when it has been given permission to do so in this way it has a responsibility to maintain its cabinets and deal with graffiti promptly.

There has still been no progress. Please either give me some useful status update (such as the date or date range during which the cabinet will be cleaned) or give me a direct contact with a named individual who can sort this out.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We can only apologise at this time. I can understand you would like this resolving asap and I assure you it's within our best interests to help get to that resolution. We have raised this, and have also chased this previously - as you can appreciate we can only do so much to help get it resolved as this would be actioned by a complete separate team. 

I will escalate this internally again and I will provide you with any information I receive back. To confirm the number if you would like to speak with someone over the phone is: 0330 333 0444.

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

I am touched by your optimism that even though you, who works for Virgin, can't get any response, I somehow will. 

The team responsible is not even bothering to reply to requests. It is clear that Virgin is acting disreputably and deliberately ignoring its obligations to the communities in which it has sited its cabinets.

We are now planning the setup of various social media sites encouraging Broadstairs residents to "boycott" Virgin's services: switching from Virgin if you have it and choosing anyone else if you don't. We will also be looking at legal remedies. 

I can understand the frustration caused @RussStairs

I can assure you this has been passed onto the relevant team to be resolved. They will aim to resolve this matter as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your ongoing patience,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs