Menu
Uther
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 box and Hub 4, only one cable connection

I am expecting a Hub 4 to be delivered next Tuesday.  I have an existing cable connection for our Hub 3 in our bedroom. I would like to have the Hub 4  in our living room together with our V6 box. Do I need a cable splitter to achieve this and if so would Virgin supply this? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box and Hub 4, only one cable connection

You can only have one Hub working.  The Hub4 will replace the Hub3. 

0 Kudos
Uther
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.  I appreciate the Hub 4 replaces the Hub 3. What I was asking about was using the cable connection for the V6 box for the Hub 4 as well.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes. To feed the Hub and the V6 box you will need a splitter. Don't you have one for your present arrangement? 

0 Kudos
Uther
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No because at present I have my Hub 3 in my bedroom and the V6 in the living room, so there are two separate cable connections. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How do those two cables come from the internal wall box?

0 Kudos
Uther
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The TV one is on the internal wall box, the Hub 3 for upstairs is a cable run from the box outside by a VM technician to upstairs.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your omnibox box will have a splitter in it, one cable to upstairs and one downstairs. If you get a new splitter from VM then the upstairs connection will need a terminator on it otherwise you are likely to feed spurious signal into the cable, VM should supply this. An alternative is to remove the splitter from th omnibox and replace it with an female to female F joiner. You can then put the splitter in the downstairs room for the two devices.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That's where the splitter will be. If you are not going to be using that to feed the Hub upstairs the splitter will need to be moved indoors as a second one will add more attenuation and affect signal levels. Also the cable from upstairs cannot be left unterminated as it will let noise into the system.  You need to get an engineer to make the changes. 

0 Kudos