Menu
Gasmanig
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 and AV Receiver

HI
I'm not sure if you can help with advice. I have a Yamaha Rxv675, An LG OLED55B7v TV, and a VirginV6  box. I do have them connected but I'm not sure the best way to connect together to get the best out of the combination. I'm just about aware of stuff like HDCP2.2, HDMI Control and ARC, but not sure how to get these to operate. EG is theRXV675 HDCP2.2 compatible even.

I want to be able t get 4k on the TV where its available ,  I want to be able to default the TV input to the cable box and always default the receiver to play sound from these sources. Also it would be good to reduce the number of remotes. I have plenty of good quality HDMI and optical cables.

Any help and advice appreciated!!

Many thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and AV Receiver

Normally you would connect the V6 to the AVR and the AVR to the TV. However, although your TV is HDCP 2.2 compliant your RX-V675 is not (Yamaha's first compliant AVR, the RX-V379, came out later), so this set up won't work. I suggest that you connect your TV direct to the V6 by HDMI cable and run a cable from the V6's digital audio connector to the RX-V675 for Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Gasmanig
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Roger_Gooner

Thanks so much for your reply. Its in hand!!

0 Kudos
JKrueger
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ve just connected my RX-V675 receiver to the same TiVo box.  From the receiver I am using the same HDMI cables to the TV.  I am unable to get any video on my old Pioneer PDP-LX608g plasma tv (which I was able to get video and sound on before directly).  I also experience no sound for periods of time.  When I disconnect the TV then I can get great sound but no picture on the TV.  Is my old plasma tv just not compatible?  Can I do anything to get the picture?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What happens if you connect the TV directly to the V6?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos