Menu
Turner210340
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V3 hub constant red light

Hi,

Along with the constant outages that we have been suffering for the last 8 months. Our v3 hub now has a constant Red light. Much like in thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Hub3-Constant-Red-Light/m-p/4621926#M1716...

I beleive this is a LED malfunction as when the hub has been restarted it no longer flashes green whilst trying to connect it flashes Orange and instead of Solid White once connected I get Solid Red. The Hub does not feel hot and i have tried allowing it to cool with no difference. It is in a well ventelated area and upright. Have tried to get through to 150 multiple times for help, but after a long time on hold each time I have given up the will to live.

Please could someone advice the quickest and most pain free way to get the hub replaced.

Regards

Howard

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V3 hub constant red light

I've flagged that for staff to get it replaced.  Under VM's current protocols they're sending out technicians to do this to try and reduce the number of hubs replaced, and you should also be aware that there have been a number of discouraging reports in this forum of customers being issued with faulty or physically damaged hubs returned by other customers.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V3 hub constant red light

Good morning Howard (Turner210340),

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you've had this problem with your Hub.

As Andrew-G has kindly advised, it does sound like you will need an engineer visit so that we can look at this Hub fault. I'll just need to confirm some details with you via private message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team