cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User already logged in (when not) on hub

wiry
On our wavelength

Recently, when I want to configure my hub 3.0 for port forwarding etc, I get this when I try to log in. No one is logged in, I even made sure to log out of my last session, but it still does this:
"Please Note!
Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed. Please try again later."

I've had to reboot my hub 3.0 with the pin button to fix this, only for it to come back when I try to log in the second time, unplugging the hub 3.0 from power doesn't make a difference (I had it disconnected for 10/15 minutes and it still didn't work afterwards).

note.png

196 REPLIES 196

@jem101 wrote:

When using the web GUI, are you pressing the log off button at the top when done to properly close the session and not just closing the browser window?

(Slight Necro, I know)

That shouldn't matter.  The router should automatically log out inactive connections - such as those where users no longer reply or those where users have closed tabs.  This is clearly a bug that needs to be fixed.

Odd that this hasn't been fixed.  The thing should time out after a short period of inactivity.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

wiry
On our wavelength

Not really a necro if it still happens haha 😅

Well, i've never used the app, browser only and i'm having this issue still. Along with the fact that the login page doesn't even asterix out the password, the experience with this hub is bloody awful.

This is made ALL the more irritating because i've been asked to run the router in "normal" mode for a couple of weeks because modem only mode wasn't working (rebooting by itself for no reason).

Well done virgin, somehow you made the superhub even worse than the 1 or 2ac. I literally just need a modem so i can use my own router and your damn equipment doesn't even allow that.

@BigDan1190 wrote:

I literally just need a modem so i can use my own router and your damn equipment doesn't even allow that.

use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi wiry and Ayjayy66,

Can you both confirm the below for me so I can raise an IT ticket for this issue:

• Connect App version
  • Make and model of the device in use
  • Device OS

This will also help us to identify if there are any patterns to this particular issue. I'll then send the details off to be looked into.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

I also keep having this issue using the Hub 3. It keeps telling me someone else is signed in when they are not. Everyday I have to keep rebooting the hub so I can sign in which is not acceptable. 

Hi the version of the app is 12.9.8.0 I use iPad or iPhone iOS 13.5

Hi Dazzasky2001,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are also having this issue - can you please confirm the details I requested in my post above too? I'll get an IT ticket raised for you as well.

Many thanks,

Beth

Beth

I’m using iPhone X Max

app version is 12.9.8.0

ios 13.6

Thanks Ayjayy66, appreciate the details.

Can you now please pop me over a PM at the purple envelope confirming your account number and username for your My Virgin Media account? I can then provide the ticket number

Cheers 🙂

Beth

Beth