cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User already logged in (when not) on hub

wiry
On our wavelength

Recently, when I want to configure my hub 3.0 for port forwarding etc, I get this when I try to log in. No one is logged in, I even made sure to log out of my last session, but it still does this:
"Please Note!
Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed. Please try again later."

I've had to reboot my hub 3.0 with the pin button to fix this, only for it to come back when I try to log in the second time, unplugging the hub 3.0 from power doesn't make a difference (I had it disconnected for 10/15 minutes and it still didn't work afterwards).

note.png

196 REPLIES 196

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @biggs_Skeed

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post, we're happy to have you with us. 

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing the User already logged in issue, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I would advise that you do need to perform a pin hole reset.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Genius, thanks!

You're welcome. Let us know if you need anything else. 

Cheers,

Corey C

I've been suggesting there's an issue with the hub for absolutely yonks! I did a pinhole reset yesterday and this morning I have this problem again. No I don't want to have to do the reset again but it did do a lot to improve the speed so maybe needs must. My biggest issue with all this is that I am disabled and all this flaffing about isn't always possible. I am beyond fed up with dealing with "technicians" who don't understand that repetitively having to physically correct something they don't accept is wrong. I might suggest that the hub should not be telling you something that is not true. 

I last logged on 18 hours ago! You'd kinda think it would have cleared by now lol.

AWDoc
Joining in

Why is this an error rather than a warning?

What scenario(s) is it trying to protect you from?

The scenarios I can think of that could trigger this error are

1. The owner of the hub logs in and then later tries to log in with a different tab/browser/device.
    This error will prevent them from logging in.
    BAD
  2. A hacker manages to log in and then the owner tries to log in
    The owner now can't log in but the hacker can continue doing their thing
    BAD!!
  3. The owner is logged in while a hacker tries to do his thing
    The hacker can't log in but the owner isn't informed.  So the hacker can try again later.
    Not great.

In all those scenarios it would seem to be more beneficial to have a warning message saying that there is currently an active session and asking if the user wants to kick the other session out.

In the case that the owner is kicked out by a hacker then at least they become aware that there is an attack and can take action (e.g. turn the hub off)

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good Morning @AWDoc

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

We can most defiantly pass this feedback on to the required team as lots of what you have pointed out makes sense. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Has there been any solutions to this yet?

Ive done pinhole and ive done switchign it off and on many times.

I just about got into settings once as the thing was starting. but then it froze and pushed me out and when i tried to log back in i get the same damn error message. 

It takes forever to reset, about 20 minutes of no internet for a house full of people and devices isnt easy to keep resetting.

The solution is don't use router mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

>I last logged on 18 hours ago! You'd kinda think it would have cleared by now lol.

Hmm, I hope it's not always 18 hours. I was just in middle of tweaking port forwarding and it threw me back to the logon screen and now says somebody else is logged in. Might just cycle the power!