Menu
SEAT60
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Useless internet connection

Have had nothing but unreliable internet connection with no catch up for almost 9 weeks now. Had 8 engineers down to look. Some of them are helpful and others can’t be bothered. Spent hours waiting for engineers to turn up to no avail  

still the same rubbish hopeless and unreliable. Got to the stage now that I use my laptop hooked upto ny mobile phone as does my son when he’s on his PS4 .

Got another engineer turning up on 19 /09/2018 and if it’s not sorted , then my cancellation notice goes in and BT here I come. Will be a shame because they were good but not got faith in em anymore  

Seat60 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Useless internet connection

If you post more details of your problems we might be able to help you out. 

Which BB service do you have?  What model of Hub do you have? What is the actual problem? Does it occur on wifi only or also on ethernet connected devices ?  What devices are you connecting (iPhones/iPads?) on wifi and cable?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
SEAT60
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Im on vivid 350.

Live Tv picture badly pixelating. 

Catch tv up does not work when internet goes down 

internet goes off and on like a yo-yo   Wether it’s via Ethernet lead or wireless   

Using mainly mobile phone, tablet and PS4 

i am using super hub 3 . 

Hub changed = made no difference 

splitters replace = no difference 

wiring within house re-routed = no difference 

signal booster fitted = no difference  

from outside the house virgin cable comes upto brown box attached to outside of house , 

the wire splits with a splitter and one side goes through the wall to the V6 box in sitting room and the other side goes into the house all the way upstairs to the location of the Hub ,  this wire then splits again one side feeds the hub and the other goes to the other V6 box’s in the back room  

everything goes potty not just internet but tv also  

if it can’t be resolved I want it all removed  

don’t need this headache to be told as I walk through the door that it packed up again today. 

Ive got recordings that are that bad to watch that I reckon an old vhs video tape from 20 years ago are clearer 

Akcoxy
Just joined
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I swear I've only been back a month and I'm sick to death with virgin internet, I disconnected the internet from my house a year ago because my mobile Internet was more reliable (previously with virgin (and with 10's of hours on the phone trying endlessly to stop the throttling of my internet)) only thing it could be.

After a year away, I thought it would be worth giving virgin another shot, and I must've been out of my mind... up to 100 meg of Internet and I'm lucky when it reaches 5mg just so I can do anything.

I understand about peak times and empathise, but now it's 1-2pm middle of the day on my day off midweek and I'm still barley breaking 2mg intenet.  12 month contract signed and I haven't got the energy to call them up to try and sort it now!!!

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@SEAT60

How have things been since the engineer visit? I've run a few follow up checks on your service from this end and both Hub and local segment results report back in good shape, so touch wood problems solved this time.

Should you have any further problems please drop us a quick update and we'll do our best to help further.

@Akcoxy If you're still experiencing any issues please start a new thread detailing the problems and we'll gladly investigate.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
SEAT60
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still early days was only done yesterday. In a week or so if it’s stable and not dropping then I’ll be happy. 

So not saying anything for the moment cause it would go ok for days then go crazy for days also. 

Jim 

0 Kudos