cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless Yodel

MATT0902182
Joining in

Why does virgin continue to use Yodel? Having come here to hopefully gain some sort of help in getting a straight answer from yodel about my delivery, that surprise surprise, was not delivered as my property wasn't accessible even though it is and no attempt was made. From all the other posts I can see about yodel I see this isn't unusual and yodel have messed around others with the same issues as me and not alot can be done to get them to actually listen to you.

So now I find myself asking why do virgin continue to use them? They are clearly incompetent and treat their customers like an annoyance and not real people. This makes virgin look bad and makes me really consider if I want to actually go with them for my broadband. I now find myself having to wait until they finally bother to deliver my hub and will be paying for a service that I can't use until they do which is ridiculous.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Craig_E89
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MATT0902182  

I'm sorry to hear you had issues with your delivery but that's great feedback on the service we have provided you around your problem. Hopefully we continue to meet your expectations as a company and provide you with the excellent service we aim to give all of our customers 

Thanks 

Craig (vm technician 28140)

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

MATT0902182
Joining in

Okay yodel may be next to useless but virgin are brilliant. They got hold of me and have sorted everything for me, they have gotten on top of this issue in no time and dealt with the problem I was having. Thanks virgin you've been great.

Craig_E89
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MATT0902182  

I'm sorry to hear you had issues with your delivery but that's great feedback on the service we have provided you around your problem. Hopefully we continue to meet your expectations as a company and provide you with the excellent service we aim to give all of our customers 

Thanks 

Craig (vm technician 28140)

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

SyntaxError
Joining in

I have the same problem. I am a new Virgin Media customer (well, I think I am, I am unable to use the service because Yodel haven't delivered the equipment).

My delivery of the hub and TIVO was due 1410-1610. After 1715 the tracking app showed the driver 5 miles away with 50 stops still to go.

Then fifteen minutes later it showed as DELIVERED, at 1424. Yes, delivered in the past. To me, this was a blatant, "I've given up for the day, I'm going home".

Someone was in all afternoon. I've checked the webcams, no delivery. No delivery card, nothing left with neighbours.

So I spent the next hour each talking to VM and Yodel. VM says contact Yodel, Yodel say contact VM.

The webchat transcript with Yodel is shocking - you can actually see them trying to fob me off. Despite giving them the tracking number, my name, my address and my phone number, they claim my details are different to those provided by VM. I pointed out that an address and tracking number should be good enough for them to trace my parcel. They relented.

They claim the drivers have no telephone so they can't get in contact with the driver to determine what happened. (Heaven forbid the driver had an emergency or an accident. Yodel don't provide a telephone [despite other people saying they can contact their driver]).

And after an hour on Web chat they say the same thing as my tracking link all along - that they delivered it at 1424. No signature was required "because of COVID-19". So I'm quite impressed, either their website lies about the current position of the driver, or he can time travel.

Now I'm left paying for a service I cannot receive. And I've spent two hours too-ing and fro-ing between Yodel and VM. Great impression for a new customer, eh?

PS - I work for an well-known e-commerce retailer. The courier is an extension of your product service and we get constant feedback about the couriers and which ones our customers love & hate. If you select a shoddy courier, what does it say about you?

How did you get Virgin to sort it out as they were of no help to me after speaking to 3 people I still don't know when it's going to arrive

Hello Lottie52,

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with a delivery, it's not the experience we want for any of our customers. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us via the forums.

From looking at the account we can see you have spoken to the team yesterday in regards to this, we're the team able to fully resolve this or at least provide an update on the delivery?

Rob

Yep same issue here.

I desperately need the WiFi router so contacted yodel on their webchat before delivery to provide my mobile number or seek the drivers number or gain any insight into when the delivery would be made so I could be sure it was successful. They said they couldn’t provide any info, couldn’t take my mobile, couldn’t tell me what van they’re driving, or what time it would arrive (beyond the two- hour window).

Luckily I’m working from home so I waited for two hours in the slot provided (deliberately waiting outside), no attempt was made but yodel then said they attempted delivery but were unable to access the property. Our building has a concierge and cctv aside from the fact I was chilling outside on the only road that accesses the building.

I obviously complained again ans they said they would re-attempt delivery the next working day. The next working day I heard nothing and called them again. They said to await an update and it would be re-delivered shortly. The next day nothing happened so I called again. Again they said they had no information and to await an update. The original delivery ‘attempt’ was now 5 days ago.
When I complained to virgin on their webchat I was told the sales team would be in contact to ensure I received the router ASAP. Nobody has been in touch and I still haven’t got WiFi. I’m having to pay to use my mobile as a hotspot.

Please can someone just expedite this delivery and make sure Yodel actually attempt to deliver it this time?

As I said before they even tried delivering, why can’t I pick one up from a store? Why do I have to wait over 2 weeks for an original delivery attempt to be made? And then another week after they can’t be **bleep** to do it? 

Hi doug1234,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. We're really disappointed to hear of your recent experience, especially as you're still waiting for the hub to arrive.

We can only apologise that our deliver courier Yodel, have fallen below standard on this occasion, and that you're now paying for a servcie you can not use.

Due to this, I will certainly take a look in to your account for you. I will pop you over a private message, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.