cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless Yodel - waiting for Quickstart parcel

SR2499
Joining in

Similar issue with Yodel for me, but even worse as they lost the QuickStart box in their depot. Apparently the tag could be damaged or missing and they can't find the parcel.

I have been waiting for 2 weeks to get this parcel after chasing Yodel and VM daily to finally get an explanation.

Now I have to wait for VM to raise a complaint with Yodel to recover their equipment, but still no solution for my internet connection as no new QuickStart box is being sent in the interim.

I hope I will pass the patience test to be admitted in the community of VM customers.

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread and title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the delays regarding this SR2499,

Our team require an update from Yodel regarding the package before another set of equipment has been sent out.

Are you still waiting for the package to be delivered?

Thanks,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @SR2499,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am so sorry to see that this has happened.

Can you please confirm this was for a media account and not a mobile?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

It was for a media account.

VM process is completely dysfunctional for this situation.

instead of sending a new box, VM support is waiting for Yodel to return the lost equipment before sending it again. It is stupid, because if Yodel had it, they would try to deliver it to my address and there wouldn’t be any issue.

As Yodel lost the parcel in their depot, there is little chance it will ever happen.

as a last resort, I’m considering cancelling my account and reordering for fresh start.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the delays regarding this SR2499,

Our team require an update from Yodel regarding the package before another set of equipment has been sent out.

Are you still waiting for the package to be delivered?

Thanks,

Kain

Hi Kain,

Out of the blue and without any notification, Yodel finally delivered it yesterday.
It was such a miracle.

I guess that someone stepped on the parcel in the middle of a Yodel depot spring cleaning and had the good idea to finally hand it over to a delivery team.

I hope connecting the modem will be much easier than receiving it.

Thanks,

Sami

Thanks for coming back to us, Sami.

Apologies again for any delivery issue but glad all sorted. How are you getting on with the new router?

Best.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for your message John_GS.

Everything went smoothly when we finally received the box. It was very easy to install and the broadband is very fast.

If there are so many issues, VM should recommend Collect+ by default instead of Yodel home delivery.

We will certainly feed this back to the relevant teams @SR2499 and thank you so much for your updates. It's great to hear the box is working well for you. 

Please do reach out to us again should you need any assistance in the future. 

Thank you again.