Menu
Mb17479
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Upstairs Virgin Wiring

Hi all,

Had Virgin for a year in a new build and noticed that there is a connection point upstairs in a much more ideal location for the router.

ive fitted an F2 connection to the coaxial and set everything up upstairs but the superhub now just sits with the base light flashing green and no other lights.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

0 Kudos
chenks
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upstairs Virgin Wiring

sounds like the socket is there but it's not actually wired up to anything, which sounds about right for a new build.

unscrew the faceplate and see if there is anything behind it.
if it's not working it would be something you'd need to get the developers to resolve though.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The base light flashing green means that the hub is trying (and failing) to get a response back from the VM system.

This connection point upstairs, is it just a piece of coax sticking out of the wall or an actual socket? The most likely explanation is that either it's not a VM feed but for something else or it's simply not connected up at the other end.

0 Kudos
Mb17479
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies, it was a blank faceplate the same as downstairs with a coiled coach behind it (with a small cables attached to the side of the coax??)

I think I’ve discovered the issue, inside my box outside there are 2 cables, 1 connected up to the street and the other is just hanging loose with no connectors fitted. I assume this is the line that runs upstairs. I’d assume fitting a connect and swapping them over would work but there are also 2 fuse looking contraptions also fitted to the connected small cable that I don’t get their purpose.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you need to get vm out to move the connection. its not something you can do yourself

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Mb17479 wrote:

Thanks for the replies, it was a blank faceplate the same as downstairs with a coiled coach behind it (with a small cables attached to the side of the coax??)

I think I’ve discovered the issue, inside my box outside there are 2 cables, 1 connected up to the street and the other is just hanging loose with no connectors fitted. I assume this is the line that runs upstairs. I’d assume fitting a connect and swapping them over would work but there are also 2 fuse looking contraptions also fitted to the connected small cable that I don’t get their purpose.

sounds like a VM job but post some photos that might help

Tony
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You must not fit an F type connector as it will be inferior to VM's crimped connectors.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos