Menu
samaraki
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Upload is down entirely and download unstable now for 3 days.

Typically I get between 350-385 DL and 20-21 Upload, it's rarely gone lower since I signed up. However since Jan 1st, It's been 0.1mb upload and for the last day 0.00 upload.
And download has been cutting in and out continuously, and the speeds all over the place ranging from about 2mb to 380mb, but it cuts out every few seconds.  I couldn't even post this from my Virgin, had to use another.

On the Diagnostics, it says that there is some service error.

I've changed nothing with my network, I've done the usual's, such restart the modem and computers, I've tried on multiple computers and portable devices.

FAIL.jpgfail2.jpgvirgin not work.jpg

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload is down entirely and download unstable now for 3 days.

Phone VM with your fault best thing to do.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
samaraki
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

To be honest, I think I'll just cancel my contract.

They sent two vans round and fiddled with the box on Saturday, as a result my download stopped working almost entirely like the upload.

Then they said they'd want someone to come to my house,  however I'm day sleeping now so I cancelled it. As sleep in more important as I have a severe infection. Anyway, I contact them to rebook, and they say you don't need someone to come around as engineers are working on fixing it externally. Imagine my shock, of course it's external. Took them 3 days to figure that out. Took me 30 seconds 

Probably the worst service I've had since 2008. 6 days with no internet is ridiculous in 2019. It's a good thing I had 2 months left on my old broadband.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
chenks
Super solver
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

you can cancel by calling CS and choosing the "i want to leave" option.
0 Kudos
samaraki
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload is down entirely and download unstable now for 10 days.

10 days and still no upload.

Download lasts just a few seconds at a time

Faults team say there is a fault in my area, and will be fixed in 24 hours. Just reading a script

Not actually true. That's a lot of 24 hours, I call up often.

What is more frustrating is Virgin do not admit the fault to non customers, so if you're a new customer checking the faults for a post code it will say no faults found

However if you login or call up, then faults are admitted to existing customers.

So if I was a new customer. I would sign up to a non connection. Thinking the service is working fine, so just a warning to new customers. Don't trust the fault checker there is a lot more faults than they're willing to admit, until they've grabbed your money, then they don't care.

Notice some of my speed tests are done via PC using ethernet not wifi and the download speed is limited too. My mobile maxes out at about 100mbps. But my pc would normally would get 350 to 380mbps. But speed makes little difference anyway as it cuts out every few seconds for download.

Can barely even surf, and with no upload. Means I can't even upload this message. I had to switch to mobile data to upload the image.

Screenshot_20190110-130339.jpg

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Faults reported online are "Area wide" covering 1000's of users. If your fault is local (e.g some car crashed into your street cabinet, or united utilities cut through your cable) that wont show online but will be known by CS and related back to you. Fix times are just guesswork for any job.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
samaraki
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My cabinet is next to my house, virgin came that twice and told me it's fine. No damage to it. No utility have been down my road cutting. I checked the CCTV, so based on what you've said, it just proves my point even more. So probably my whole area is down. Hence they should admit the fault publically.

Also if they don't know how long it will take, they shouldnt make false promises. A lie is a lie. They should say it could take weeks or months or no idea, not 24 hours.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@samaraki wrote:

My cabinet is next to my house, virgin came that twice and told me it's fine. No damage to it. No utility have been down my road cutting. I checked the CCTV, so based on what you've said, it just proves my point even more. So probably my whole area is down. Hence they should admit the fault publically

Mon Dieu -- They were just 2 examples !! I could give you 17 more to check out if you like? 

If I say to my missus "I am just changing the faulty light socket it will be fixed in half an hour" - cos I know from experience of having done this 5 times previously that that is how long it normally takes, and when i start I find the cable is snapped or corroded not just detached and I need to nip to B&Q for more cable and will have to rewire the whole run and it will take all day - have I lied ?  If she accuses me of lying there will be repercussions Smiley Happy  I perhaps should have said  "I am just changing the faulty light socket it will probably be fixed in half an hour"  and then that would have covered me - but I wasn't precise enough - and neither are the Philipino offshore CS team where English is not their first language and they are just reading from standard operating procedures.   It isn't always just black or white.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
samaraki
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload is down entirely and download unstable now for 12 days.

Screenshot_20190112-165041.jpgTwice it's been "fixed" but it's fake news.

When I call up, they say it's not been fixed, and obviously by using it. It's still faulty, why even say it's been fixed if it's not.
Overall they've told me it's been fixed about 5x if you include sms and voice calls, over 12 days terrible service, if I didn't have another connection, I'd be more annoyed.

On the screen shot they said it was fixed on Monday 7th and then again Saturday 12th of January, it's been down since the start of the year.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload is down entirely and download unstable now for 12 days.

Check all your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing (rabbit chews!).  Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box. 

If that’s all good, In the meantime and just to get more data.... post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.   On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] click on the “router status” text at bottom middle of first page up and then copy/paste 3 sets of data onto here - the downstream, upstream, &  network logs.  Don't worry about the formatting it can be easily read, but try to avoid using screen shots & don’t include personal data or mac addresses - blank them out.

--------------------
0 Kudos