cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from hub 3 to 1GB hub 5- extremely high ping/latency

BlakeDormer
Tuning in

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me, I upgraded from a hub 3.0 to hub 5 with the 1gb download on Tuesday however since upgrading have had nothing but high ping,  I play a lot of warzone and stream often, the ping is jumping from 20-30 to 400-900ms , this is completely unplayable I have spoken to VM customer service and the advisor did not even know what ping or latency was, they spouted something about waiting 48 hours,  this has solved nothing

I have created a BQM ,any help would be appreciated

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/2968e5fc86aafad26356bff2e3465fa3efc3423e

15 REPLIES 15

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me, I upgraded from a hub 3.0 to hub 5 with the 1gb download on Tuesday however since upgrading have had nothing but high ping,  I play a lot of warzone and stream often, the ping is jumping from 20-30 to 400-900ms , this is completely unplayable I have spoken to VM customer service and the advisor did not even know what ping or latency was, they spouted something about waiting 48 hours,  this has solved nothing

I have created a BQM ,any help would be appreciated

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/2968e5fc86aafad26356bff2e3465fa3efc3423e

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're correct, i created a new post today because i am failing to get replied or satisfactory answers from VM staff via telephone, the forums or any other means, i cannot enjoy myself as it the issues are making it impossible for me to game

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BlakeDormer,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your connection at the moment!

Our team will aim to respond to you within one or two days on this Forum. We will always to our best to respond as soon as can. I have been able to take a look at our systems and I cannot see any local issues that could be impacting your services. However, I can see that one WiFi band is disabled which could be causing some connection issues due to limited range and device compatibility. 

Can you confirm if this WiFi band is disabled on purpose or not? I'll be more than happy to amend this for you to see if this can help resolve your issue.

Keep us updated.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It has nothing to do with my WiFi its my latency is all over the place it go for 21 ping to 900 ping I only have my TV on the WiFi my PC are on Wired and it's everything that's not working wen I was in my hub 3 my ping was at 12 to 29 and had no problems as soon as I have connected the hub 5 I've had problems i change all my enthnet cable to cat 8 so there the best one and still got the problems my upload and down load speeds are find my ping jumps from 21 to 900 that's the problem 

VM have no control over their upstream it just buffers mad when enough people in your area use it even when you download your sending a good chuck in the upstream. The days of putting more capacity are over with to days upload limits and the chuck you have to send back to download. It has been know for years....bit like IPv6 only worse.

Something like this might help the problem if it can be done that is.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for coming back to the thread, i do appreciate what you're saying, however, the test ran by my colleague identified the band being disabled, is this correct or does it need amending?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

BlakeDormer
Tuning in

Still experiencing the same issue daily, we were told an engineer went out to the box in the street however no difference, it is literally impossible for me to play anything with 300-900ms ping

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration this has caused BlakeDormer,

When was the engineer advised to be assessing the box in the area?

Thanks,

Kain