Menu
B819m
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to Hub 3

I phoned virginmedia on Friday 2nd August and booked online using keepup.virginmedia.com/hubswap and selected Friday 9th August for delivery of a Hub 3 router. I had received a letter the 8th August stating my broadband package had been retired and I have been allocated a package nearest to the old one and that the speed has been upped to the M200 and a Hub 3 would utilise the benefit of using M200.  The Hub would be delivered by Yodel. Yodel did not  turn up on Friday or Saturday so fingers crossed for today Monday 12th. I do not know how to track the Hub as I received no info on how to do so. 

0 Kudos
Catlin
Joining in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to Hub 3

Exact same issue here, booked it for the Saturday 10th, nobody turned up, waiting in all day. not missed it as have not received a card. I have no tracking info so cannot even see what has happened??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon B819m and Catlin,

Thanks for your posts and sorry to hear you've both been left disappointed by the upgrade to the Hub 3.

If you're still seeking assistance on this matter, do please drop a response and either I or a member of our team would be happy to look into this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
B819m
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello David_BN,  yesterday I signed in to VM and selected the Upgrade link in the hope they could advise me and as it happened I was able to Webchat with an Agent. I explained fully re the letter I had received and that I had phoned previously and had spoken to a member of the Accounts section who had told me the Hub 3 was free and my bill would not be increased in any shape or form. The Upgrade Agent checked and said that there were no references to the order being placed for a delivery even though I had selected Friday 9th August as such. He then gave me various options whereas I could obtain said Hub as part of changing my broadband package without paying the normal charge of £35 for Activation and £5 for delivery but the package cost would be enhanced to £90 a month after a year. I am already paying £80 a month with hardly any use of the landline so turned down the offer and signed off.  I then phoned Accounts section again and explain my Webchat  with an Agent and I was told again the Hub 3 is totally free in all aspects although she could not say why my designated day and time of delivery request was not on file.  She then attempted to put me through to the correct link for delivery but not being able to do so asked me if it would be alright for her to phone me later on in the day to which I agreed.  That call back is still pending. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me B819m

I'm happy to look into this for you.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen for a PM from me

Kindest regards

David_Bn

0 Kudos
B819m
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello David_Bn, Re the saga of the Hub 3. Today I phoned the FAULTS Dept. hoping they could sort the problem out and so again I had to recap the events taking place starting with the letter I received on 2nd August.  She said she would immediately carry out the appropriate procedure and I should be receiving the hub 3 on Monday 19 August so thanks for your offer of help anyway. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Cheers B819m,

Do please feel free to drop me a PM if you continue to struggle along with this, hopefully you wont need to but I'm here for you if needed

Kindest regards

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
coladams
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Same thing has just happened to me - I ordered the free HUB3 on 1st August for delivery on 14th August. Took the day off work and waited in all day, but no delivery arrived. No tracking was provided. I tried contacting Virgin via text but this was a useless, frustrating exercise  with all the security questions and too sensitive website, they eventually gave me the 0800 phone number. Well I phoned and waited and waited to speak to someone but I had to give up in the end. I tried ordering the HUB3 again using their website but now it does not recognize me in the system!

Why is it so hard?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi coladams,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear you've had issues with the recent order of the hub 3. 

I'll send you a PM to discuss this further, as we'll need account access.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
B819m
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi David_Bn, Tonight at 9.30 I received an email from Yodel with the header 'Not long to wait now' and the message

'Hi, We wanted to let you know that it won't be long until you receive your order from VirginMedia.' so things are moving at last.

Actually, it was my wife who received the message on her mobile phone and also the email under her name on her computer although the account is in my name, my password and my email address. As I do not have a mobile phone her one was given as part of the account setup so perhaps this is why she received the email.

So all being well I will receive the Hub 3 on 19th of this month.

Cheers 

B819m

0 Kudos