Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade time

@podgorny wrote:

Speed still hasn't been upgraded yet. Anyone know of a definitive way of checking, rather than just doing a broadband speed test? My PS4 is wired but they can only download at 50M. I can use my iphone or ipad to check, but didn't know if there's somewhere else I can just look to see.

Regards,

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - press on the grey button marked configuration - you should see something like this thts 350 down - might vary slightly 

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID15187
Max Traffic Rate402500089

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony,

I didn't know about that on the hub log in page. However mine shows:

SFID: 22000

Max traffic: 117000047

Not sure what that tells me?  Is that approx 117 Mb?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

that tells you your upgrade has not gone through and you are still on 100 - try a reboot and look again - if that does not change things try a full reset - hold the button a good 30sec - dont guess time it and add a bit

again look at the config file when the hub goes back on line - if that does not get you 350 then you need to ring them as painful as that is at the moment

try that

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Still no upgrade. Trying to call VM now. I tried Tony’s tip of selecting “thinking of leaving” but then there’s no option for technical problems. So now I’m on hold forever. 

It’s a shame no one can progress my order remotely without me having to waste my time hanging on. I thought that would have been the point of doing the upgrade on the web in the first place! I know it’s busy right now but it can’t be much kore than someone selecting something on my account surely?

Any help appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Called up, 27 min hold so not too bad. The girl said there wasn’t even an order on my account, even though I have the confirmation email! So the claim that the quickest way to upgrade is online is nonsense! Anyway she was fantastic, done it straight away, in fact my hub even rebooted with the new speed while we were still talking!

al sorted now.