Menu
Highlighted
petelennon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade from V+ to V6

Hi I've just read a post re Upgrade from V+ to V6 and am concerned about my proposed upgrade. I currently have a TiVo downstairs right next to my hub with the TiVo connected to both hub via ethernet and TV via hdmi. Both are connected coaxially via a splitter which leads from the wall cable. I also have a V+ box upstairs which is connected coaxially ONLY as I have no ethernet upstairs! I have months of stuff still to watch on the TiVo so was planning to replace the V+ with the V6 and then swap them when the TiVo is cleared. The V6 upgrade instructions imply I could swap the V6 and TiVo now so as to stream the old TiVo recordings through the V6 downstairs but the article I've just read says that BOTH the V6 and Tivo require coax AND network connection. Can you advise as to connections required please? V6 virgin :-)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade from V+ to V6

If you are streaming between boxes you will need both connected. Connection is mandatory with the V6 as it has no internal modem & relies on the Hub for everything but the live channel feeds.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
petelennon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry video makes it clear the V6 can use wi-fi

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@petelennonwrote:

Sorry video makes it clear the V6 can use wi-fi

It requires a reliable WiFi connection to stream. If the signal is weak or if you have any kind of contention issues with neighbours hubs then Powerline connectors are needed.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos