cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from M600 to Gig1 - No Change in speeds with Hub 4

robw95
Tuning in

Hi

I have recently upgraded from Ultimate Oomph to Ultimate Volt With Gig1 available in my area

The Hub 4 Self Install kit arrived and was installed on Saturday evening (04/12) 

I have noticed that the upload and download speeds are consistent with M600 and are not going any higher than 644.91mbps Down / 42.09 mbps Up

Having a look at the Downstream/Upstream channels in the Router Logs of the Hub 4 , There is only 1 DOCSIS 3.1 Downstream channel and There is no DOCSIS 3.1 Upstream channels 

DOCSIS 3.0 However has 31 Downstream and 4 Upstream  - is this correct?

I have today powered off and on Hub 4 since it was installed on Saturday, Thinking perhaps due to the day and time of install may of delayed the changes on the line for Gig1 but the speed remains the same. 

If anyone could please advise me? 

Thanks, 

R

27 REPLIES 27

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like the upgrade hasn't gone through

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

VM currently only use a single D3.1 downstream channel, and none upstream, that won't change when you get the speed enabled.  

That you're seeing the D3.1 channel means you're using a Hub 4 and in a D3.1 enabled area, so sounds like you're just waiting for the new config file to be pushed to the hub.

Thanks Andrew-G

Do you know when the new config file is likely to be pushed to the Hub 4 or is it something I'm going to have to call customer support and enquire about?

@robw95 wrote:

Thanks Andrew-G

Do you know when the new config file is likely to be pushed to the Hub 4 or is it something I'm going to have to call customer support and enquire about?

If you log into the HUB and access the 'Advanced Settings \ Tools \ Network Status' section, under the 'Configuration' tab you should see the current config:

General Configuration

Network access
true
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
true
DOCSIS Mode
Config file
54k;fg87dsfd;kfoA,.iyewrk

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
Max Concatenated Burst
Scheduling Type
bestEffort

Thanks carl_pearce, 

The config file and the Max Traffic Rate on both the Downstream and Upstream Service Flow are different from your example.  

I'm guessing this means that the configuration hasn't been updated to reflect the change to Gig1. 

General Configuration

Network access
true
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
true
DOCSIS Mode
Config file
cmreg-vmdg640-bbt078+voc-b.cm

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
Max Concatenated Burst
Scheduling Type
bestEffort

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your config file is for 600. Time to call VM?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks carl_pearce, after waiting nearly an hour on chat this morning I was able to tell them that the primary and upstream numbers were still configured for M600 and after a few minutes they were changed to the correct values for Gig1 and now seeing a speed increase (although Speedtest still maxing out around 700Mbps).  Will monitor over the next few days.

@starlir wrote:

Thanks carl_pearce, after waiting nearly an hour on chat this morning I was able to tell them that the primary and upstream numbers were still configured for M600 and after a few minutes they were changed to the correct values for Gig1 and now seeing a speed increase (although Speedtest still maxing out around 700Mbps).  Will monitor over the next few days.

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

Carl, I'm in modem mode so the Samknows agent can't find it.  Is there any way round that?