Menu
GeeMcG
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade Superhub

Can anyone from the team please advise if it's possible to get a free upgrade on a Superhub?  i currently have the first Superhub which is a shambles.  Recently I've been getting around 8-10mbs in this when I pay for 100mbs (I know it's unlikley I'll get the top speed but usually peak around 80mbs).

I upgraded my package back in September to the Full House package which was supposed to come with the new Superhub but wasn't sent out.  When I called I was basically told the one I had was compatible with my speed and that was it.

The past couple of weeks I've had nothing but problems even being connected via ethernet cable; it wouldn't load NowTV/Netflix!  Any info would be much appreciated.  I think the "Super" hub has had better days.

Cheers Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
mrbeatnik
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade Superhub

Try here for free. https://www.virginmedia.com/hubupgrade

It's all a shambles at the moment, regardless of which version of the hub you have. Virgin seem to be hiding in any sort of acknowledgement of the thousands of "coincidences" of same issues being reported.

av-115
Super solver
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I would ring up support and ask them to check your power levels, slow speeds aren't necessarily caused by a faulty Superhub. If they detect problems they'll send an engineer out who will replace the Superhub if it's deemed faulty. Also if anyone in your household plays online games it would be wise not to go for the Hub 3 (which is the only hub now supplied) due to the latency problems.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
GeeMcG
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Followed the link and it just comes up saying my details can't be found in the system. A quick search suggests that this isn't purely for a general upgrade but was available to customers who had kit older than the superhub1.

I guess it makes sense. If need be I'll just get in touch by calling and see what they can do but hopefully a team member can help.
0 Kudos
GeeMcG
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'll keep that in mind then as I do play games online with the PS4 and getting some horrible lag.
0 Kudos
av-115
Super solver
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The link should work for customers with Superhub 1s, but not to worry if it doesn't because the faults team will send one out on request anyway. If you get the problems checked out by the faults team and the issue is something not related to the Superhub, you might want to consider using it in modem mode and purchasing your own router. This would get you better much better WiFi signal around the house. Also the Superhub 1 has a bug known as the "ramping effect" where latency builds up over the course of days/weeks and is resolved by routinely rebooting it. See this thread.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
GeeMcG
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the reply 😀. Yeah i think I'm going to have to speak to the tech team for advice and take it from there.

Thanks again.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for posting GeeMcG,

I'm sorry to hear about the connection trouble experienced.

I've located your details and there does appear to be an issue present concerning your equipment upstream power level.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get an engineer visit arranged for this.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

GeeMcG
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Engineer came out today and turns out it was a signal issue. Channels had disappeared and were going scrambled so I'm guessing that's what was affecting the broadband too. Managed to get the channels back hopefully the broadband should remain steady.

He did mention there seemd to be a network issue with in the street as overall the signal was still quite low but that would be a fix unrelated to me. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Cheers.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi GeeMcG,

Thanks for the update!

I'm glad to hear that's been sorted for you.

Keep an eye on it and give us a shout if you get any more trouble!

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos