Menu
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 21 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Up & Down in E11

@ringzer wrote:

Yes, it was down from about 8am to 11am for me this morning - see below which is a broadband quality monitoring tool which you can setup here: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Quite a few people on Wanstead Community Hub on Facebook complaining about it and calling up, so hopefully they've finally taken notice.

I better join that.  We should all ask for compensation for the last three weeks.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 22 of 28
Flag for a moderator

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 at 10:10, Virgin Media <email@vmemail.virginmedia.com> wrote:
How our changes will affect you.

Area Reference: 22
Virgin Media
From 1st November, your bill will be going up by £4 a month
Dear ArrGee,
We understand that a price rise is never welcome. Yet with broadband usage increasing across our network by 31% last year, we need to continue investing in it so that you're brilliantly connected to the stuff you love. And of course, you'll still enjoy things like inclusive servicing and repairs for your peace of mind.
Here’s what’s in store for you

Super reliable broadband
A recent Ofcom survey found that our customers are most likely to be very satisfied with their broadband reliability vs other major providers. Plus, when we measure our network to homes, we're 99.98% reliable.
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 23 of 28
Flag for a moderator

@arrgee1991 wrote:
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 at 10:10, Virgin Media <email@vmemail.virginmedia.com> wrote:
How our changes will affect you.

Area Reference: 22
Virgin Media
From 1st November, your bill will be going up by £4 a month
Dear ArrGee,
We understand that a price rise is never welcome. Yet with broadband usage increasing across our network by 31% last year, we need to continue investing in it so that you're brilliantly connected to the stuff you love. And of course, you'll still enjoy things like inclusive servicing and repairs for your peace of mind.
Here’s what’s in store for you

Super reliable broadband
A recent Ofcom survey found that our customers are most likely to be very satisfied with their broadband reliability vs other major providers. Plus, when we measure our network to homes, we're 99.98% reliable.

i have been told
 affected by fault ref F006698190 for SNR and FECS. The current review date is 06 DEC 2018.
Virgin Media Outage Update - Description: Service update. Broadband and Voice fault F006698190. The latest update we have is: We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way. The estimated repair time is now: 10/12/2018
Virgin Media Outage Update - Description: Service update. Broadband and Voice fault F006698190. The latest update we have is: We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way. The estimated repair time is now: 17/12/2018

and when I called this morning I was told 21st December!!!!

This is unacceptable.  I am paying for a sub-standard unreliable service I have not had working properly for three weeks.

I am forced to use my mobile data allowance for normal run of the mill access at home, so I don't have it when I need it(ie when I am mobile). I have used 3.6GB already this month

The prices went up by £4/month last month because of the "improvements" in the broadband but I am getting a far worse service
I am told that this is the high utilization outage and as per the system updates it won't be fixed until 21st Dec.

If virgin can't cope with the number of users then I should be able to go elsewhere

On 10 sep in the email quoted I was informed that it was 99.98% reliable. It isn't
And I pay £4/month more

it was estimated as 6 dec then 10 dec then 17 dec then 21 dec
4 different estimates
I even had a sms yesterday and today to say it was fixed, but it isn't according to the phone calls I make or the service status page

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 24 of 28
Flag for a moderator

tried to complain using 

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/make-a-complaint?intcmpid=aws_complaints_contactus_cable_df525

after painstakingly filling the form in I hit "Submit" and got

Capture.PNG

Even the complaint page has a fault!
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 25 of 28
Flag for a moderator

@arrgee1991 wrote:

@ringzer wrote:

Yes, it was down from about 8am to 11am for me this morning - see below which is a broadband quality monitoring tool which you can setup here: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Quite a few people on Wanstead Community Hub on Facebook complaining about it and calling up, so hopefully they've finally taken notice.

I better join that.  We should all ask for compensation for the last three weeks.

I got £5.59 for Broadband Speed Goodwill.  Seems derisory when the "speed" I am getting is 0 mbps as in not working! 

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 26 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Cool - A bit more credit.  I could end up getting paid to not have the broadband working....

Date Description Cost in £ (excl. VAT)

18 DecBroadband Speed Goodwill-£5.59
18 DecLoss of Service Credit-£2.19
Might be worth letting the E11 community know...
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 27 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Another day and down again...

... and TV as well this time.

Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 28 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the ongoing problems, Intermittent SNR and FEC remains an issue with our engineers currently investigating on fault ref. F006811221. The estimated fix date is today.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos